1130 Percussion Controller for sale

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Rick153

1130 Percussion Controller for sale

Post by Rick153 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:43 pm

Hi group,
I have A percussion controller for sale that I bought new in 1974. it had been played about A dozen times before the band I was in at the time broke up. I'm A drummer, and haven't had access to A mini-moog since. It's difficult for me to put this up for sale, but I think someone in this forum would appreciate having this drum and put it to good use! I will not be putting this on e-bay.
The drum has been in storage since 1976, most of the time in my studio with my vintage Ludwig set. The drum is in excellent condition. It has A new black pinstripe drumhead that was autographed by Carl Palmer ( he did A drum clinic here in Mpls, Mn) the ink didn't show up very well on the drum head ,so he signed the front label. Thanks again Carl!
Con. U.S.A. only. I can be contacted by PM or at [email protected] Price is $ 375.00 or best offer. Thanks for looking

Rick Andersen
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Attachments
1130 Moog Drum 019.jpg
1130 Moog Drum 012.jpg
1130 Moog Drum 001.jpg

erickbeebe58

Re: 1130 Percussion Controller for sale

Post by erickbeebe58 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:32 am

Wish I could get one of these for my system. I printed a couple of drums that I can plug into my Mother 32s.

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:59 am

I had a chance to buy one of those for $40, I guess I should have picked it up!

How does it differ from a generic trigger/gate?

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:03 am

ummagumma wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:59 am I had a chance to buy one of those for $40, I guess I should have picked it up!

How does it differ from a generic trigger/gate?
It does more. It provides the binary events "v-trigger" and "s-trigger" and an analogue strike dependent control voltage. As pulse and strike events are processed, no gate signal is created.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:48 pm

It functions like a speaker attached to an envelope follower. The lighter strikes produce smaller voltages, harder strikes produce higher voltages. Because of the foam and the internals, the shell doesn't resonate but nevertheless it allows for rudiment-style articulations that are not possible on keyboard controllers.

With a quantizer one could simulate a walking bassline if they played the drum like a ride cymbal. They are pretty fun, albeit a bit more on the gimmicky side.

That is probably the only known use of the white Moog logo sticker.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:17 am

Good info, thanks guys!

dingebre

Post by dingebre » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:28 am

Rick153 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:43 pm Hi group,
I have A percussion controller for sale that I bought new in 1974. it had been played about A dozen times before the band I was in at the time broke up. I'm A drummer, and haven't had access to A mini-moog since. It's difficult for me to put this up for sale, but I think someone in this forum would appreciate having this drum and put it to good use! I will not be putting this on e-bay.
The drum has been in storage since 1976, most of the time in my studio with my vintage Ludwig set. The drum is in excellent condition. It has A new black pinstripe drumhead that was autographed by Carl Palmer ( he did A drum clinic here in Mpls, Mn) the ink didn't show up very well on the drum head ,so he signed the front label. Thanks again Carl!
Con. U.S.A. only. I can be contacted by PM or at [email protected] Price is $ 375.00 or best offer. Thanks for looking

Rick Andersen
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Is this still available?

EDIT---------------------
Sigh... I just realized the original post was in 2011, not 2021. Oh well...
EDIT---------------------

David
David

http://analoguerealities.com
http://analoguerealities.blogspot.com