Model D Product Placement during NBA ALL STAR Weekend!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Electrong

Model D Product Placement during NBA ALL STAR Weekend!

Post by Electrong » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:55 am

After watching the All Star basketball weekend the Minimoog model D was well-represented:

I saw one first (last weekend) prominently-placed on Cee Lo Green's performance of "Forget You" used during the intro by the bassist at the right, on a previous night of All Star Weekend:

http://www.soulculture.co.uk/blogs/cee- ... end-video/

Then another one was also later prominently set up for Lenny Kravitz' performances during the introductions of the players before the All-Star game itself:

http://www.mrworldpremiere.net/2011/02/ ... -game.html

It is interesting they were used sparingly, Cee Lo Green's it was used for the intro but then was sitting there providing eye candy along with the all-girl band playing with him. Same with Lenny Kravitz band (not all girls but mostly vintage gear on this one) the Mini was prominently placed on the right of the screen, used mostly on the second song during the introductions. But it was in the picture almost the entire performance, to be seen by millions.
Minimoog Model D, Roland SH-1, Simmons SDS-8, Rhodes 73 suitcase, Ludwig/Gretsch Drums, Zildjian/Paiste/UFIP cymbals, Various acoustic percussive effects

EricK

Re: Model D Product Placement during NBA ALL STAR Weekend!

Post by EricK » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:21 am

I do notice that, most of the time I see people playing Moogs, they are LP's and if there is a Voyager or a D, they are scarcely used.

I keep looking at the settings on Paul Schaffers Voyager wondering why he has it set like that.

Just going to a show though where there are Voyager's on stage makes me feel good though. I think Pfunk had 2 on stage about every time ive sen them (rip starchild).
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Electrong

Post by Electrong » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 am

These 2 performances were old model d's
Minimoog Model D, Roland SH-1, Simmons SDS-8, Rhodes 73 suitcase, Ludwig/Gretsch Drums, Zildjian/Paiste/UFIP cymbals, Various acoustic percussive effects

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:49 pm

most people are only able to play synth's live as a kind of preset instruments . sparely moving the modulationwheel , not really tweaking anything else while playing lots of notes in the best case :( .
some exceptions in the past like manfred man, the stranglers and maybe a few more. so its not so strange that they mostly are seen as eyecatcher instead of instrument as they were suppost to be.
on the other hand, the more synth's around, the more secondhand available too :wink: .
maybe a topic : " who knows how to tweak the knobs live " would be a nice thing to start

Electrong

Post by Electrong » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm not sure many of the players of the Model D back in the day didn't become somewhat adept at twiddling knobs. I know that is one of the things I never get tired of doing. Presets? Hah! That's funny. I agree that if you don't like twiddling or haven't figured out what they do, you should get a nice, safe new synth that has lots of presets for you.