Eurorack Moog?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Soundchaser Labs

Eurorack Moog?

Post by Soundchaser Labs » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Modular is back and bigger than ever, why isn't Moog involved? I have 3 moogerfoogers, and I love them but the Euro format would make things much better.
If it were up to me I'd start with a polymoog resonate multimode filter like the one that was for sale on your site in the Euro format!
Greg Borries
Soundchaser Labs

theglyph

Re: Eurorack Moog?

Post by theglyph » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:47 am

Personally I think this would be a horrible idea! If Moog does get back into making modules I would hope they choose the MU format.

Yes, eurorack is on fire right now but :

1. It's 1/8" so there would be compatibility issues with Moog's current product line (1/4").

2. There are too many Eurorack manufacturers right now so they would likely get buried in the noise (no pun intended).

3. Tradition! It would be great to see new Moog modules alongside the earlier models.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:43 pm

With the purchase of my q119 Sequencer, I have begun my journey into MU format modulars. Since then I have been really wishing that my foogers had jacks instead of footswitches and frankly, were 2 or 3 spaces wide with jacks on the front.

I wish they would convert them for us.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

nick braithwaite

Post by nick braithwaite » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:09 am

Slightly off-piste I know, but talking jacks / jackfields etc., I am considering a modification to bring all patch bays around to the front on my system. (Voyager, 3x Foogers, CP 251, VX 351, trembling wallet & ideas above my station, so semo-modular at least!) As it is, all are on different plains, so to speak. Hoping to get a quote / feasability next week, when I collect Voyager following catastrophic fault & major surgery :cry: BTW, I may be able to offer recommendation for any other UK users needing reliable service engineers this side of the pond once Voyager is back home & checked out, dust has settled and pulse-rate restored. Valium sandwiches all round, huh? Although current wallet status (extremely nervous & gasping somewhat) might forbid upgrade. :roll: :lol: (manic!) Will keep you posted on results, & engineer endorsement in due course. And a happy New Year to all of you guys, here there & everywhere.