Memorymoog service NYC area

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
gavcasals

Memorymoog service NYC area

Post by gavcasals » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I'm a Moog fan since my teen years, and have several Moogs. I'm looking where to service my Memorymoog Plus, which I bought new in 1985. It hasn't been played for many years. When I tried to start it in past August, I noticed that mostly everything works, but the oscillators are out of tune and the first C key does not sound. I live in NYC and would like to know of potential people or places for servicing it. I reached out to a place where they did a good job on one of my Minis, but the fee seemed really steep. I appreciate any recommendation you could provide me with. Also, if there is anything that you guys would recommend in terms of DIY in order to cut costs, please let me know. Thanks and please receive my best wishes for the New Year,

Gonzalo

nicholas d. kent

Re: Memorymoog service NYC area

Post by nicholas d. kent » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:28 pm

They repaired my MM+ last month, but they aren't necessarily cheap. Then again it's not a cheap and easy synth to repair.

http://www.threewavemusic.com/

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Good techs are hard to find, ones that know the MemoryMoog are even harder :). It's a great synth though.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Just stay as far away from Mike Bucki as you can. He WILL steal your money and your gear.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."