I was thinking...Moog Piano?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Nick Montoya

Re: I was thinking...Moog Piano?

Post by Nick Montoya » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:51 pm

I actaully suggested this to Moog Music already!

Using Vo power for a Clav style piano!

I think it would be revolutionary !
http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:29 pm

jeepo wrote:
jeepo wrote:
kidgloves2 wrote:I think Moog should stick to what they specialize in.
You mean innovative interesting instruments, like a moog piano?
Wouldn't reeds make it more of an organ? And acoustic? That'd be interesting, an acoustic moog, not to mention how awesome it would be to have a moog that works after 2012. I have a theory that tubes are also 2012 proof, maybe moog should make an all tube synth. I wonder what a tube ladder filter would sound like.
The Wurlitzer electric piano used reeds that were struck (or maybe plucked) when a key was pressed. A Moog Organ would also be pretty cool! :)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am

Voltor07 wrote:
jeepo wrote:
jeepo wrote:
Wouldn't reeds make it more of an organ? And acoustic? That'd be interesting, an acoustic moog, not to mention how awesome it would be to have a moog that works after 2012. I have a theory that tubes are also 2012 proof, maybe moog should make an all tube synth. I wonder what a tube ladder filter would sound like.
The Wurlitzer electric piano used reeds that were struck (or maybe plucked) when a key was pressed. A Moog Organ would also be pretty cool! :)
That's interesting, I've alway thought of reeds as parts of wind instruments. Makes me wonder what kind of pickups they used.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

MarbledMoog

Post by MarbledMoog » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:10 pm

jeez whats it always with polysynths? they're not gonna make one because they're only for cheesy 80s pads! Really they can sound good but come on now.

A moog clavinet is completely necessary and must be made. It should come with a castlebar whammy bar dealio stock as well. SO MUCH WIN.
MF-101, MF-102, CP-251

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:12 am

MarbledMoog wrote:jeez whats it always with polysynths? they're not gonna make one because they're only for cheesy 80s pads! Really they can sound good but come on now.

A moog clavinet is completely necessary and must be made. It should come with a castlebar whammy bar dealio stock as well. SO MUCH WIN.
Look up MemoryMoog on You Tube and then tell me a polysynth is only for cheesy 80's pads. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

MarbledMoog

Post by MarbledMoog » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:16 am

Voltor07 wrote:
MarbledMoog wrote:jeez whats it always with polysynths? they're not gonna make one because they're only for cheesy 80s pads! Really they can sound good but come on now.

Look up MemoryMoog on You Tube and then tell me a polysynth is only for cheesy 80's pads. :wink:
The MemoryMoog certainly has some cool sounds and I also like the Prophet 5 for some stuff, mostly Sega Genesis sounding pads. Its just a personal opinion thing, I'm not really a fan of polysynth stuff beyond the duophonic function on say an ARP Odyssey. If you can't get a polysynth a really cool pad machine is a Hammond spinet with a tasty slow phaser through a Leslie w/ some on board vibrato/chorus from the organ. That gives some cool sounds. Not nearly as portable as a MemoryMoog though.
MF-101, MF-102, CP-251

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:46 am

Since I first read jeepo's response mentioning the idea of a Moog Clavinet, I have had a few dreams where it showed up.

BTW it sounds fantastic. It is a machine that must be built.

Could selling a testicle cover the cost of such an instrument? I sure hope so. :oops:

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:32 pm

Sir Nose wrote:Since I first read jeepo's response mentioning the idea of a Moog Clavinet, I have had a few dreams where it showed up.

BTW it sounds fantastic. It is a machine that must be built.

Could selling a testicle cover the cost of such an instrument? I sure hope so. :oops:
I don't think there's a market for testicles. That's why I'm thinking that I only need one kidney.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

moogyman

Post by moogyman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:10 am

Voltor07 wrote:
jeepo wrote:
jeepo wrote:
Struck not plucked on the Wurly.
Moogyman :lol:

Mandatory Cape Law: All keyboardists playing more than 4 keyboards at a gig must wear a cape. Unless one keyboard is a mellotron, then the keyboardist must wear a cape regardless of number.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:16 am

moogyman wrote:
Struck not plucked on the Wurly.
Thanks for clarifying. Never saw one, so I wasn't sure how the things worked. :)

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:02 pm

And you tune a Wurli by filing down the reed or soldering more metal to it :shock:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:38 pm

latigid on wrote:And you tune a Wurli by filing down the reed or soldering more metal to it :shock:
If you filed it down thin enough, I wonder if Vo Power could be applied... :)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:49 pm

That is one epic spam message there... :shock: In fact, there seems to be a lot of spam here lately...what's going on?

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Voltor07 wrote:That is one epic spam message there... :shock: In fact, there seems to be a lot of spam here lately...what's going on?
The board is preparing to die.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

metron

Post by metron » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:55 pm

And I just read in the news that on average spam is WAY down right now. Didn't finish the article to find out why though. :roll: :D

But seriously though I have a clavinet duo all nice and restored that I did myself a few years back, rhodes 73, and a Wurly 720a (Im a total keyboard poser, I just really like the vinatge stuff). I think a mooged out clavinet or some kind of electro-mechanical piano would be off the charts for coolness! Prolly on cost too. :( Look at thee new Rhodes company. They are doing a great thing but their products are expensive. Big and heavy too. Honestly I think it would be way cool but it's a bit prohibitive and probably overly-ambitious. OTOH we all might have said that about a taurus re-release a few years back.
MF102, MF104M, CP251, Minitaur