looking for a drum machine

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EMwhite

Re: looking for a drum machine

Post by EMwhite » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:09 pm

CRJ wrote:im dumb. i confused the elektron with a diff drum machine. the machinedrum is awesome. i just cant afford that right now.

found a electribe for 300 bucks. barely used. probably going to go with that for now. debating.
The Electribe is a fine machine. (decent sequencer, some good sounds, some knob tweaking possible).

I was about to say, if you were even considering the Machine Drum, you should look at the high end Jomox units for $1,200. But obviously $$ might be the first consideration.

I bought a Jomox XBase 09 which as a pure analog Bass drum and Snare and samples for the other instruments. The good part is that it can a) sequence external sounds/notes like a voyager based drum sound b) send midi notes for the standard bass drum, etc which I use to trigger my Alesis DM5 rack, and c) will play midi notes so for instance, I have some Vdrum pads connected to the DM5 and when I strike the pad, the trigger into the DM5 sends midi out to the Jomox for the analog Bass drum. It's a good setup and something you can build up.

But the sequencer should be the #1 important priority.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

CRJ

Post by CRJ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:27 pm

awesome. thanks for the info.

toryjames

Post by toryjames » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:00 am

I have a large collection of analog drum machines that I really enjoy, but the Korg ER-1 is an excellent little machine, and though it's not truly analog, it's one of my favorites. It might be the most intuitive and versatile drum machine I have ever used. The original ER-1 can be bought on eBay for around $150-170, I wouldn't bother with the newer more expensive Korg models. It's the poor man's Machine Drum I guess. :)

CRJ

Post by CRJ » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:33 am

just picked up a brand new korg electribe mx for 300 bucks cash off craigslist. the guy had used it for maybe 15 minutes total. he bought it new.

jamming out as we speak. not touching the manual till tomorrow.

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:09 am

I've got a brand spanking new Akai MPC500 I'd let go for $450.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/