Filtatron

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
anoteoftruth

Filtatron

Post by anoteoftruth » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:56 pm

I have to say... I'm impressed with this.

I think something like this is exactly what I was looking for, to just play around and discover some new things on the fly.

I think it's great Moog made this... I don't think it has anything to do with software VS hardware or digital vs analog or anything like that....

But it feels so good to be able to play around with some really moog-like sounds and effects with a familiar interface, while I have 5-10 minutes to spare at my desk at work. I love this thing.

Only thing I'd like to see is maybe some integration with the Beatmaker app... same way the Noise.IO Pro app did... so that we can use these sounds we made and sample them in the Beatmaker app (basically a stripped down MPC clone). That would indeed be awesome.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

nickster

Re: Filtatron

Post by nickster » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:23 am

Just bought the app today and for the money this is without doubt one of the best audio apps I have used on my Iphone. It just goes to show what brilliance can be achieved when you couple modern technology with the pedigree and collective knowledge of a company like Moog. Absolute joy of a product to use, discover new things, rediscover old ones, scratch one's head and ask what if I did this... and generally wow about. And all that without linking this up with the studio. I think that is where the real extra special magic will for me start to kick in. Imagine the possibilities of processing stuff through this little gem of an app.
Lastly but by no means leastly .... it's a joy to gawk at. Brilliant work guys thank you very much indeed.
Now back to getting lost in the tweek. :wink:

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Without a doubt, Moog hit the gem on this.

$4.99... come on, you can bairly get a McDonald's combo meal for that.

8)
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 pm

They just need to make it for the Droid, also!
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:24 pm

I've been having a lot of fun with mine! Seems like a slam dunk for moog and everyone who has an iphone. Can't wait for an update to fix the low output on the iphone's internal speaker, otherwise awesome!

Alderige

Post by Alderige » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Definitively an awesome app! Has anyone try to use it with an AmpliTube iRig yet? Can it be done? I've debated about buying it but if it can be used with the filtratron the debate is over! :D
Last edited by Alderige on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hardware: Korg M3 88, Radias, Kore2, Alesis MasterControl, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Blue mics

Software: Logic 9 Studio, Waves Mercury, EastWest Composers collection, Komplete 6 & 7, Arturia V Collection, Alchemy, Albino & Predator.

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:06 am

Just Me wrote:They just need to make it for the Droid, also!
Are any big music apps available for Android? Commercial grade like Rebirth, TeknoBox or Filtatron? I think that open source linux appears to be a good idea but in reality doesn't get the good stuff, just like desktop Linux doesn't have that quality of music app either. Every time I see a post asking for a Droid version, it confirms to me that Linux is great but doesn't have the really good music apps. Get an i-something, that's where the best software is.

Cheers,
B
I've stopped talking now.

jtkerry

Post by jtkerry » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:33 pm

LivePsy wrote:
Just Me wrote:They just need to make it for the Droid, also!
Are any big music apps available for Android? Commercial grade like Rebirth, TeknoBox or Filtatron? I think that open source linux appears to be a good idea but in reality doesn't get the good stuff, just like desktop Linux doesn't have that quality of music app either. Every time I see a post asking for a Droid version, it confirms to me that Linux is great but doesn't have the really good music apps. Get an i-something, that's where the best software is.

Cheers,
B
Let's start with your comment on OS's. Linux, OS X and iOS all share the common ancestry of Unix. As far as media recording Linux can do what a Mac does for 1/3 the cost in equipment and with more specialized functions:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Top-10-L ... 4552.shtml

Android phones have consistently surpassed the iPhone/iPad in sales for the past 3 quarters and is projected to do so into the future. The reason 8 out of 10 people buy an Android will say that they don't have to deal with iTunes and AT&T. I had an iPod Touch. iTunes became a cumbersome program, and more than once it had screwed up my music and other data. And the iTunes update function is a nightmare. I've known more than 20 people who had to spend a day at the Apple Store having their iPhone worked on, and usually with unsatisfatory results. I much prefer to drag and drop my music into a folder on my phone, and manage my own backups before I do an update to the phone. As far as quality in video and sound, I find my Galaxy S speaker phone louder, my display is larger and better quality, and the speed of network - Internet - and, games faster and clearer. I have a camera with zoom and longer battery life.

Oh yeah! Open Source Software! If you paid for Microsoft Office for the Mac or PC (or any office like product), you paid too much. Open Office gives you all the functionality of the most expensive MS-Office suite for free! Don't go knocking "Open Source" programming, it just shows an ineptitude to doing anything technical. Each OS and software package is different and takes a bit of getting used to when you first use it. You are just touting your familiarity with Apple, and that is all. I have been working with Computing equipment since DOS, and have been networking since the advent of the 9600 BAUD Modem. I find adaptation is a very human trait.

Sincerely,
JT Kerry
St. Louis, MO

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:52 pm

I have been working with Computing equipment since DOS, and have been networking since the advent of the 9600 BAUD Modem
Me too! Managing Vax and Linux mainframes before the PC/XT, then building PC networks with mainframe servers and finally forced to support Exchange when I would have preferred Unix for the servers. I do understand Linux and I still don't see the Cubases, Lives and Filatrons on Linux whether its open source or commercial. Linux has got the general office apps, and I use the Mac and PC binaries because I prefer the software not the price. But the music apps? Not there and not going to be on the Andriod Market anytime soon.
10 people buy an Android will say that they don't have to deal with iTunes and AT&T
The Android platform is built to try to be an iPhone, close but no cigar IMO. What is there to deal with iTunes, oh unless you mean actually PAY for music :) I resisted buying on iTunes for a while but what is the problem, I can save anything as WAV file and burn an audio CD. In fact I do because I believe that having legally purchased the music I can back it up for personal private use.

AT&T is the big problem and I am sorry for my American brothers and sisters. Move to Australia, most of the metropolitan population has excellent 3G network coverage. No iPhone dropouts on the good carriers here (if its a cheap deal, you're getting cheap coverage).

Its all good, but I don't see Android as a promising platform if you want quality music apps.

Regards,
B
I've stopped talking now.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:54 pm

haha what a troll post.. 8 or 10 people pick android eh? hahaha. Riiiight. That's why Apple's market share is 3 times larger than androids.. sure.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

rhyot

Re: Filtatron (New: Midi over WiFi)

Post by rhyot » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Well, it's been a number of hours in the trial and error process, but I'm turning to the forums for help with routing midi from my M-audio Keystudio via USB to my mac+ableton live 64 (midi i/o properly configured, no worries), and my mac is internet-sharing connected to my iPad air, running Filtatron (updated), with audio out running to the Ext. Audio In on my Moog Mother-32.

Here's the issue: while I've configured a network midi session in OSX's Midi Studio (via Audio Midi Setup), appropriately named "Filtatron", and connected my iPad as a device for the session (and as mentioned above, properly routed midi out of Live via the session), the midi configuration tab of Filtatron does not show the session named "Filtatron", and instead, even on airplane mode, displays "Network Session 1". I am unable to map a midi control input the the parameters of Filtatron, and as I've said, everything in the way of connections seems to be properly arranged and routed. Is there a reason why "Network Session 1" is always visible, while "Filtatron" will not display? I assume this discrepancy is the cause of my inability to Midi Learn in the app's configuration pane.

Thank you in advance for any support!