Memorymoog DBM MIDI kit

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Russ

Re: Memorymoog DBM MIDI kit

Post by Russ » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:41 pm

Callockard wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:50 am Does anyone still have the installation instructions for dbm?
I have them. Shoot me a PM with your email.

MC

Post by MC » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:42 pm

Callockard wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:50 am Does anyone still have the installation instructions for dbm? Schematics? The above links are dead, and I’d feel more comfortable looking at these first.

Thanks!
Hi, the dead links have been changed. They can now be found here
http://analoguediehard.com/studio/keybo ... bm-upgrade
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

inVrs

Post by inVrs » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:59 am

Hello everyone,

just acquired a gorgeous Memorymoog+ with DBM.
Seems like I m lucky, it stays in tune and so far I can't find anything that doesn't work correctly.

Only thing that I m unsure about is the sequencer, seems like I can't get it to work.
Following the manual I can get to the point where I have to press start to record the sequence, but it just stays stuck there, no count in, no recording. if I press start again it goes to "end".

I ve heard that with the LAMM upgrade the sequencer is deactivated, now I m wondering if that's the case with DBM too?
Reading the DBM manual, it seems like maybe this is just what it is - that the memory override section with DBM has been replaced with midi channel select and so I can't get to deactivate memory protect, thus can't get to write a sequence..?

Any help appreciated!

MC

Post by MC » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:02 pm

The DBM upgrade does not disable the sequencer on the Plus model.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

inVrs

Post by inVrs » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:08 am

thanks for clearing that up :)

any idea what could be the cause that the sequencer is not recording? I did also try the sync / start connections on the back, doesn't change anything.

arpeggiator, midi etc is all working fine

mixeycray

Post by mixeycray » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:21 am

Memorymoog is a very complex system. After Fred McNiff bowed out and Mike Bucki went AWOL, that leaves only JL in Vancouver CA as a reputable MM tech. Not sure if dougt does repair on them.

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:43 am

What about the Z80 Assembler source? As you know the Memorymoog is driven by a Z80 microcomputer system. The people who developed the upgrades had to develop the software functions for them as well. So there must be at least the disassembled listings or better rewritten software and therefore source code. Looking at the source code shows the hardware which is affected by functions like the sequencer, e.g. push buttons, memory or other hardware stuff. These components and the corresponding interface circuitry can be checked for hardware issues. And there might be hints for software issues concerning the sequencer.
I am not owner of a Memorymoog, but I worked as a Z80 hardware and software developer and can try to help if I can look at the source code.