Is Moog Tech Support an Urban Myth?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
tick-tock

Is Moog Tech Support an Urban Myth?

Post by tick-tock » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:17 pm

It's been 2 months since I reached out to Moog support for help to determine if a problem I'm having (Mother-32 does not tempo-sync from Grandmother Clock Out but does from other devices) requires either my Mother-32 and/or Grandmother to be repaired... and RADIO SILENCE. Have sent numerous follow-up messages, even waited for hours on the live chat only to finally reach the head of the line and be instantly bumped to "sorry we missed you."

Is there anybody actually supporting customers?

jon79

Re: Is Moog Tech Support an Urban Myth?

Post by jon79 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:05 pm

I actually received a reply to my email this morning. So not quite sure what’s going on with yours.

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:21 am

I had a successful series of interactions that I detail here. This was a month or two ago. Did you get the automated email? I did, then a real person emailed me a couple of days later.

I hope you get your problem sorted out!

hudri

Post by hudri » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:38 am

I have sent several emails with bug reports, technical questions or pre-sale questions to moog support. I received an automated answer to my very first email, but nothing since then (not even automated replies). Either they have blacklisted me immediately, or all further emails have been attached to the first support case and never reviewed.

My other theory is that Moog support staff are still living in the sixties, and internet email just was not very hip back then...
But some people report that they did receive email answers, so there must be some time-travellers working at Moog. Others report that they reached Moog support via telephone, must be a landline though because mobiles were also not available in the sixties.

tick-tock

Post by tick-tock » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:17 pm

It's hit or miss.... I finally got a reply!