Midi converters???

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
beard

Midi converters???

Post by beard » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:29 am

Excited about the E1-M, I searched for a midi converter in order to link it up and use with the guitar.

I struggled to find any and the ones I did find were pretty much discontinued.

being new to guitar-synthesis can anyone give a list of products that would work?

Should Moog create a converter in order for the Midi guitar to work.

I WILL be buying a moog guitar soon when I have saved enough but this add on seems (amazing but) pointless if there is no easy way to get it working.

The axom 50 seems perfect but why is it discontinued?

dr_floyd

Re: Midi converters???

Post by dr_floyd » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 pm

The Roland GI-20 is still available new, and the Roland GI-10 and Yamaha G50 (as well as Axon) can be found on EBay.
You may already know that the MIDI converter is also built into the Roland VG99.

beard

Post by beard » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:15 am

Thanks alot, will look into these as my savings are getting close... woo

cliffman

Post by cliffman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 pm

I wish I knew why Axon went away. They were a very small company in a niche market, and
I know Terratec was their second try at a distributor (actually third counting Yamaha),
but.....sigh. Hope they re-appear.

The StringPort is looking interesting. Still in beta afaik, but does quite well on MIDI.
It will require some computer horsepower for it's other functions.
The Roland GI-10 works fairly well and is worth grabbing used. The Axons are (were) wonderful,
if you see one used, snatch it up. Even the older Axon models track very well.

Mooguitar

Post by Mooguitar » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:17 pm

You can also find any of the Roland GR boxes, and plug right in with a Moog Guitar. This would include but not be limited to the GR-1, GR-09, GR-20, GR-33. These are all floor-pedal version synths by Roland, they are all on ebay usually, for very fair prices. There's also the GR-50 which is a rack-unit, and the GR-300- -the early analog synth that Pat Metheny is famous for using for 30 straight years now -- on just about every album he has done since he premiered it on "Offramp". For this you would need a special converter, but it's doable.

But of all these I'd explore the earlier suggestion of the GI-10 or GI-20, this gives you a choice of your synth source-- both hardware and software after you've used one of these boxes to get your MIDI signal.
Likely On Tour somewhere, with one of:
Project/Object (Music of Frank Zappa) www.projectobject.com
Greg Lake www.greglake.com
Eddie Jobson www.eddiejobson.com
Adrian Belew www.adrianbelew.net
Delicious (LOTS of MP-201 action) www.satansjamband.com

Ted Killian

Post by Ted Killian » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:23 am

I am a long time Roland guitar synth user. I don't own a Moog E1-M guitar yet, but I am moving in that direction rapidly. I own both Roland GR and VG units and I'm curious about how well the E1-M will work with either one or both. Any word from anyone in regard to their experiences in this area would be a help. On a side note, my current long-time "main" guitar is a '77 Gibson RD Artist - a guitar that was originally equipped with a huge circuit board in the back (designed by Bob Moog no less) that gave it onboard preamp, compression and expansion capabilities. Sound familiar?

maxepotter

Post by maxepotter » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:39 am

Multimedia music composer software with automactic accompaniment function, with Builtin 100 accompani-ment styles make it easy for the user to quickly design a perfection song.

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:50 am

I use the Sonuus G2M to control my LPTE with my guitar.
Their i2M Musicport is new & looks particularly cool.

http://www.sonuus.com

Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/