When ? --> LP OS 1.04 & 2.00 for Tribute Edition

Everything Phatty.
DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:31 pm

I don't want to make enemies here but cannot for the life of me understand all the whining & incessant pestering Amos for an update. Bloody sh1t!

Moog is responsive to our desires & needs far exceeding expectations. I've called them a few times & their support is OUTSTANDING. They answer all questions & I do not at all feel *rushed* when I have them on the phone. As busy as Amos is, he continually posts here in vain attempt to satiate you guys. Leave him alone & let him work for a while. He said he'll do the best that he can & from past experience, I (& you) should believe him. Exercise a little patience, if not humility.

Amos,

Take your time my good man. You ARE the best. You bend over backwards for us & definately go beyond the call of duty as Moog's premier technician & representative. All I'd really like to know is will the TE enjoy the feature-set the Stage sports:

• MIDI Clock Sync
• Arpeggiator
• Tap Tempo

An arpeggiator & sequencer would be at the top of my list.

Thank you for all you have done for us. At least from my perspective, your efforts are very much appreciated. :)
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Xenollop

Post by Xenollop » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:33 pm

amen, second, ditto....concur!
Little Phatty Tribute #525, MF-102, MF-105, APC40, LPD8, Ibanez SR3000E Bass

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:39 pm

That's not to mention the incessant e-mails I have been sending him for the past week regarding the repair/mod bill for my Stage I...all in all I think Amos puts up with more BS than my congressman. Thank you for your hard work Amos! Don't forget to E-mail me with a quote for the you-know-whats! :mrgreen: Now I PROMISE to leave this thread for good. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:14 am

Cheers gents... I can now inform you that a real-live programmer is actually working on the OS2 update for the LPTE *right now*. :cool:

All further questions will be answered when they have answers... i.e. I don't know any specifics yet but will post them when I do. Clear enough?

OK; excellent. Voltor, you'll be getting an email from me today, also.

Cheerio,

Amos

Assar

Post by Assar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:00 am

Good news, Amos!
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:50 pm

Woohoo
Good news indeed
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:50 pm

Amos :
I can now inform you that a real-live programmer is actually working on the OS2 update for the LPTE *right now*.
good news !

can we send him some coffee or smart drinks ?

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:17 pm

Any news update?

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:49 pm

I just got the first build of OS2 for LPTE from our programmer. He cautions me it will almost certainly have problems at this stage, and I don't know how long it will be from now until release, but this is a major step. :)

dlearyus

re: OS 2.0 LPTE

Post by dlearyus » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:08 pm

any idea when the memory upgrade kit will be available and approximate cost?
would be nice to have the hardware ready for the OS 2.0 release

Cheers :)

LPTE #585

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:42 am

Very good news, Amos
Thanks!

To Defrag, the main reason why we were whining and pestering is because we are assholes, all of us who can't use our envelope section properly
The second reason is that we were tired of not being able to do that like other owners do, which in turn added to our assholitude
There's actually a good chance that after the bug is solved we continue to be assholes
I hope it clarifies the situation
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

denoiser

Post by denoiser » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:29 am

Amos, now I'm starting to understand why you get dissapointed with this thread considering the effort you're doing. I mean that posting on a saturday evening can be considered as non working time. So, thank you ver much for your patience and effort :)

But I have a question, which I think you better answer tomorrow, do you have any news regarding to the new boards of the stage II with the leds changed?

I've been thinking that, even with the orange-red board, if I could get the memory upgrade, a fix for the noise and the new lower noise ratio D/A converters I would buy one board. This is based on the assumption the phatty has 2 boards, 1 interface board with all the digital stuff and 1 sound board, whiches are full compatible among different versions.

Any idea on prices?

Again, thanks Amos.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Actually, I may be of some assistance here. If Amos doesn't mind, of course. If he does, then I'll gladly delete this post. I am currently paying $1.00 per LED to get the button lights on my Stage I switched out. Read my thread for further details. Also, I am being charged $85 an hour for two hours. I think it would be beyond me to divulge any more information than this but I hope it gives you some kind of idea. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:17 pm

I respect that answer Khoral. :)
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:53 pm

I'm glad OS2 is finally on the way...

One of the main reasons for me to like the company as much as the instrument, is the open and constructive user communication of Amos. Even being informed when you can't expect a fast remedy is something I regard as helpful, because you can plan and deal with it, instead of hanging around without any news feedback.

Many companies never name such things and keep you in complete nebula, never communicating anything about chances and dates of updates, hiding behind the pretense that communication would cause trouble. It's just the other way round for me: Non-Communication is totally walking on my nerves, while I would never misuse a clarifiying information, even if I don't like it's content. Just wanted to give you that feedback, Amos, because I think many users look at it in a similar way...