When ? --> LP OS 1.04 & 2.00 for Tribute Edition

Everything Phatty.
djthomaswhite

Thanks!

Post by djthomaswhite » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:04 am

Thanks Amos and the Moog team!

I just want to be able to set the EGR Matrix off permanently until I need it. Well, that's not entirely true. I want the arpeggiator too and more patch memory. But, I love my LPTE and will support the Moog vision. My Moogers have never let me down and the LP gets a lot of use already in my studio. Maybe someday I'll buy a stage II if the features are not added to the LPTE. That will have to be decided later.

Either way I appreciate the hard work you guys put in to the Moog support!

Thomas

denoiser

Post by denoiser » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:07 am

Amos wrote: Always trying to provide the best support in the industry,

Amos
I can't say you're the best but a really good one:)

Definitely, good news.

Cheers, David.

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Since Moog is about to work on an upgrade to the TE I think it would be great to offer Tribute owners something more than the Stage owners have. As its name implies, the Tribute should be something heads above the less expensive Stage. Perhaps a step sequencer or something along those lines.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

Romain

Post by Romain » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:46 pm

MarkM wrote:Since Moog is about to work on an upgrade to the TE I think it would be great to offer Tribute owners something more than the Stage owners have. As its name implies, the Tribute should be something heads above the less expensive Stage. Perhaps a step sequencer or something along those lines.
+ 1.000.000 !!!
Totally agree with that...

:!:
Moog Little Phatty Tribute Edition #1167 | Moog Moogerfooger MF-101 Lowpass Filter | Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator | Moog Moogerfooger MF-105B Bass MuRF | Moog Moogerfooger MF-107 FreqBox |

gazer

Post by gazer » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:29 pm

I agree. The superior priced te should be a superior synth. I would like a replacement right side panel with proper cv outs, mainly pitch out and a gate out. I would also like the problem with either the tuning or tracking of the oscillators fixed. Maybe its just oscillator 2 but almost every patch has a vibrato to it because oscillator 2 is always a little flat in pitch. It doesn't sound to be tracking the first oscillator the same way it was 2 years ago either. Its starting to irritate me and i'm starting see my lp as pointless. Whats the point of patch storage that doesn't store your patches correctly. I have a LP old school. I would sell it and get a voyager or a xs1 or a prophet 08 but everyone thinks the synth is flawed and they are not selling unless I want to loose about half of what I paid for it.

Roetsj

Post by Roetsj » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:44 pm

I guess you mean selling?,aren't later versions of same models always more advanced?,isn't this the way it works in this world?.
I hope the next OS will be a better one and I think it will be(more advanced)because it's a later version.
Mine still sounds ok to me.
Are you suggesting that in a period of 2 years your TE degraded to the point that you won't use it anymore?,components degrading?.
Keeping it analog

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:16 pm

gazer wrote:I agree. The superior priced te should be a superior synth. I would like a replacement right side panel with proper cv outs, mainly pitch out and a gate out. I would also like the problem with either the tuning or tracking of the oscillators fixed. Maybe its just oscillator 2 but almost every patch has a vibrato to it because oscillator 2 is always a little flat in pitch. It doesn't sound to be tracking the first oscillator the same way it was 2 years ago either. Its starting to irritate me and i'm starting see my lp as pointless. Whats the point of patch storage that doesn't store your patches correctly. I have a LP old school. I would sell it and get a voyager or a xs1 or a prophet 08 but everyone thinks the synth is flawed and they are not selling unless I want to loose about half of what I paid for it.
Sounds like basic maintenance tuning needs to be done. None of the LP's have CV outs, so I'm not sure what you meant by that. It would be nice to have, though. Otherwise, it seems like you just dislike the LP.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

gazer

Post by gazer » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:54 am

Re read my post both of you. i'm irritated and you both have irritated me more. This is a thread of wish lists for the tribute edition os upgrade. Is it not? I know cv outs don't come on the lp. I have one and use it. I was stating that i would like them and i would even pay for an upgrade kit. Im not expecting to get free hardware. I like the lp alot thats why I take the time out of my life to bitch on the internet. Back a few years ago when the lp was just a pretty design and a rumor. The last complete vision of Bob Moog. I was sold. Now it seems it wasn't quite as complete as we were led to believe. If you would take the time to search these forums you would come to learn that some of the earler tribute's made had some issues. Some people freak out about the digital noise produced by the egr, mine happens to do this but i hear it on so few of the patches i make,
it should be fixed but its not killing me. Others have had some sort of wierd tuning issue with osc. 2, and we know how to callibrate our Lp's properly in the right order. The second guy doesnt sound like he even knows the phatty tunes itself. I have done the complete calibration procedures which take at least 3 or 4 hours to do so many times now I'm sure that that is not the problem. Yes I give plenty of time to warm up first. No my lp has not melted, yes i use it, the pitch wheel might be broken though, when I calibrate it, it never settles on a number and I have read in these forums the tributes had a cheap pitch wheel assembly that broke easily that got upgraded in the stage. Analog is not a new technology in fact it has been around quite some time. I know rac is new, but as far as I knew when I put my $1575 down to order the lp tribute it was a completed synth with out any bugs(imean its analog,it's a moog). I was lead to believe I was buying a special LP a rare special one of only 1200 to be built I'm not hating on Amos or Moog music either. It's honorable that they fixed the problems that they found on the tribute for the stage. They are a small specialty company with a good reputation of taking care of their customers. They need to take care of their tribute customers that payed more money for a tribute knowing the stage was coming because we were told that the stage would be an inferior synth compared to the tribute. I dont think im asking for the world here, every patch i have sounds like the second oscillator is flat. I keep hoping for a fix in the form of a new os. The only wishes i have for a new os is a fix of the problems my lp is having. An arp would be nice but what ever. Some one brought up the idea of making the tribute special, a superior synth to the cheaper stage and cheaper yet stage 2. They made the vx-351 for the voyager so I hoped they had thought ahead and eventually a cv out panel replacement for the right side(the side with no plugs)would come to be. In my mind this would truly make the tribute very special. A portable analog synth with working patch memory that could control other things like maybe an mf 107 via cv. People tend to get most upset when things they like wrong them. I was also pointing out that in 2008 Moog has some stiff competition in the boutique synth business. Their loyal customers are
what keep them going. We will buy anything with the Moog name on it(minus that $6000 guitar) but choices like the guitar and releasing the tribute before it was quite ready make me feel like they are not listening to what their loyal fan base really wants.

djghostdogg

chill

Post by djghostdogg » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:28 pm

i would say that everyone on this LP thread needs to take a "chill pill"

that's the double truth, ruth
LP TE - MF-101 - MF-102 - MF-104z - MF-103 - CP-251

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:24 pm

i would say that everyone on this LP thread needs to take a "chill pill"

that's the double truth, ruth
SE owners let the thread to the TE owners, please.

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Indeed
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Khoral wrote:Indeed
Point well-taken. See everyone on the rest of the threads. :mrgreen: No hard feelings?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:04 pm

this thread sometimes makes me want to quit my job.
:(
Last edited by Amos on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

voodoochilimoog

Post by voodoochilimoog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:00 am

That would make me frown. :cry:

Early adoption of anything is a real bummer, no matter how you slice it. Look at Windows 98 and Vista. Both OS's were plagued from the start, because it's next to impossible for a new product to run hot from the factory and have no problems.

I found out about the LP after the Stage came out, but I can sympathize with TE owners AND the fellas at Moog alike.

Maybe we should send Amos a fruitbasket? Who doesn't like a good in-season grapefruit?

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:27 am

gazer wrote:I agree. The superior priced te should be a superior synth. I would like a replacement right side panel with proper cv outs, mainly pitch out and a gate out.
This is the kind of sentiment that keeps me from sleeping well at night.
The TE was priced about $200 higher than the SE is priced now. The reason is very simple - the TE cost more to manufacture than the SE does. Additionally, there were all the costs of development, which were unrecouped when the Tribute Edition was first launched. It's not as though the TE was released in competition with a cheaper model; there was only the Tribute Edition.

Please can someone explain a logical reason why the Tribute Edition should be continually updated so as to remain always superior to any subsequent Little Phatty edition? It is what it is - a fine synth, albeit with some room for improvement due to it being the first of its kind. It's a moment in synth history.

I am completely, 100% behind any effort we can make to improve the shortcomings of the LPTE and make it a completely satisfying instrument. But please, be reasonable.