Oscillator 2 tuning

Everything Phatty.
Rouqmirg

Oscillator 2 tuning

Post by Rouqmirg » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:53 am

Hello all, this isn't that huge of a deal right now because I don't play live at the moment, but I'm wondering if everyone else experiences this, and I would like it to be fixed somehow.

Upon turning on the LP (Stage in my case), osc 1 is a little out of tune...I use the auto tuning menu and help it out by tuning to 60.0. This doesn't take long at all.

Now that Osc1 is in tune, osc 2 is usually flat and over the course of 20 minutes slowly warms up to where it is supposed to be. So any patch using osc 2 has very quick 'beating' and sounds very off from the way it was programmed to sound.

I've gotten accustomed to manually adjusting the tuning of osc2 on every patch before playing anything for that first 20 minutes - but should I have to do this?

Thanks in advance.

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:07 am

sez in manual that you have to let the LP warm up for at least 15 min because the oscillators are tempurature controlled...they need time to come to temp to stabilize i suppose.

mine does same thing (TE) till it warms up...about 10-15 min

cheers

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:44 pm

welcome to analog......

Some synths are usually better than others. My Minimoog D is pretty much spot on from the moment that I turn on the switch. My Sourse is absolutely unusable for the first 10 minutes until it warms up. My LP seems pretty much in tune from the moment that I turn it on. My Andromeda needs me to run autotune immediately after I turn it on, then needs it again in about 20 minutes. Then it is solid as a rock.

A small price to pay for the fat sound of analog.
Thanks Bob!!