LP and CP-251 Tips and Advice.

Everything Phatty.
northern hope

LP and CP-251 Tips and Advice.

Post by northern hope » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:43 am

I'm having a problem getting a strong noise source from my CP-251 to my LP. Maybe it's the way I'm patching things, but it's just barely there. The s&h is fine, but the noise is almost non existent.

Does anybody have any suggestions to get a more powerful noise source? I'm mainly needing it to trigger snare sounds from an analog sequencer, and I'm thinking that I'm just not patching things to be most effective for this.

Thanks.

eric coleridge

Post by eric coleridge » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:06 am

the noise source on the CP-251 is one that is mainly designed for modulation/control. it's not an ideal audio noise source, which is why you are finding it weak for snare sounds. You could try filtering it, but it may not help. Although I haven't listened to it, it's probably a "pink" or "red" noise--which are filtered versions of"white" noise. White noise is more ideal for most audio uses, and would be better for creating snare sounds.

You might also just try amplifing the noise signal, and then eq-ing out some of the lows and/or mids... this might give you a sound closer to white noise.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:47 am

while it's a lot of extra patching work, you can put noise out into the mult, and then stick three outs from the mult into the cv mixer and crank everything. i was able to amp the signal to about -3db this way. of course the easier way would be running it through something else to amplify/overdrive the signal. 's an option though :)
www.ctrlshft.com