LP note priority bug?

Everything Phatty.
thewaag

LP note priority bug?

Post by thewaag » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:24 pm

A question for other LP owners...

In Master mode, you can change the note priority of the LP: high note, low note, or last note played, the latter being the default if I remember correctly.

I changed my settings to low note priority to correspond with my other Moog keyboards. I have found that (at least on my LP) the low note and high note settings do not act as I would expect. If you hold a low note and hit a higher one, you can still hear the high one when in low note priority. In high note priority, it seems to do a better job, but still, a held high note is not necessarily the only note you will hear if you hit lower notes on the keyboard. The last note played priority seems to work correctly, or at least how I would expect it to.

My question is whether I have incorrect expectations of this function, or is there something amiss in my LP? I would guess that it is a software bug that is fixable with newer software versions.

It is not really something that bothers me that much, and I doubt that I would send the LP back to get it fixed if it was a hardware problem, at least for another 6 months or so.....
Thanks Bob!!

synthpimp

Post by synthpimp » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:17 pm

My low and high note priority isn't very functional either. What's up with that?

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:34 pm

Sure you did but press the master button, use the value knob until you reach Keyboard Priority ,press the cursor key to highlight what mode is displayed ( i.e., default last) adjust the cursor knob to hi or low, now play, there should be a change. If not contact Moog :).

Mines working fine , Low not priority no notes above that note will play... say you hit C3, only notes below that will play. Last note, any notes above or below the last key pressed will play...what os are you on ? The OS ver is displayed when you first turn the LP on

Good Luck
Brian

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:14 pm

Yes, I did all of that stuff, but still, on my setting (low note priority) if you hold a low note and then hit a high one, the high one will still sound.

My OS is (if I remember correctly) 1.01.
Thanks Bob!!

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:27 pm

Just got a PM from Amos. He has not noticed the problem, but he is sending me the latest OS to see if this takes care of the situation.

Gotta love the guys at Moog..... Do you think that Korg or Yamaha (or others) would be so involved with their customers???
Thanks Bob!!

synthpimp

Post by synthpimp » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:53 pm

I was running OS v1.02. Loaded v1.02c and all is well now.

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:51 pm

I got home and checked and I am actually using OS 1.0.2c.

Played with it some more and my low note priority seems to vary depending on the preset used. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't work at all, and sometimes it works for an octave above the note, then doesn't work after that.

Must be the OS....
Thanks Bob!!

RL

Post by RL » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:47 pm

sometimes it doesn't work at all, and sometimes it works for an octave above the note
It has to do with the octave switch position. In the center position it works fine. I think this is easy to fix.
Have fun,
Rudi

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:01 pm

I will play with it tonight to see if you are correct. I am certainly not in a position to disagree with you on this type of thing.

I got an email from Amos today, and Cyril is working on it....will probably be fixed soon.

Not really that big of a deal--in fact it really doesn't bother me one bit. I just thought that they should know about it. Maybe it would have been better to contact Moog directly, but I wanted to see if mine was the only one with the problem.

I am relieved that it is in the OS and not in the synth itself. As I told Amos, I really did not want to have to send the LP back and be without it. :lol:
Thanks Bob!!

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:04 am

I may have spoken too soon, quickly re-checking mine seems to be doing it also... set for Low Note Priority works for some patches, but others still have last note priority. I haven't had time to fully research it, but at first I thought it might be like the Voyager where you can store the Keyboard Mode per patch.... Does not seem to be that way with the LP... not a big deal, but would be nice. Haven't even read the manual yet :), sorry guys.

Love this synth though, it's working in well with the other Moogs very well :.

I'm sure Moog will work it out.

Brian

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:34 pm

RL wrote:It has to do with the octave switch position. In the center position it works fine. I think this is easy to fix.
Rudi,

You are absolutely correct on this. Low note priority works great when the octave switch is in the center position. Start moving up or down the octaves and you start to see the variations that I mentioned.
Thanks Bob!!

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:10 pm

Just tired mine and it does the same thing, fine when octave switches are "normalized" but when you press octave up or down it goes to last note priority regardless of the setting in master mode. :)Didn’t do too much right away with the octave buttons and glide performace techniques :).

Brian

synthpimp

Post by synthpimp » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:57 pm

Yep, Rudi's right. He should swing by the LP team and give them a hand. That next Voyager update can wait. :wink:

Keep finding them bugs!

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:28 pm

:), Not if you also own a Voyager :)

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:41 am

Good jobs with those buggies!!!

I'll be a much happier man when I get my stage edition next year and all you folks have found/fixed all the problems!!

hehehe :)