Moog Source ROM

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
rikusk

Moog Source ROM

Post by rikusk » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:14 pm

Hi all!

I'm a three days old Moog Source owner. This Source is quite early release and the system ROM doesn't have any of the external sequencer sync features of later models. I haven't opened it yet for version verification, but I'll think that the system doesn't have support for sequencer transpose of ROM v2.2 neither. (correct me if I have wrong info here)

Do you know is there any place where I can get the latest ROM for the Source?

I just need the sync capabilities of the later release for Roland SYNC24 and the transpose feature would not hurt either.

I'll prefer to keep this gem in it's most original shape, and my setup is totally midi-free the need of willing to install midi-ugrade is not the first thing in my mind. Basically I want keep the back connectors in the old style so i'll just reuse the cassette DIN connector for SYNC24.

(And if this not work the Plan-B is mate this with sequencer of Roland MC202...)

Thanks,

Riku

MC

Post by MC » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:14 pm

You need more than the ROM. You need the small PC board with support components for DIN Sync. There might be schematics online.

If you want the ROM, try Tony at Encore Electronics.

rikusk

Post by rikusk » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:51 pm

Thanks MC for the quick reply!

You were right about the jack-board. http://www.oldschool-sound.com/ has the service guide for Source with the addenda for latest ROM. It has all the info for modifying the digital board, but not the schematics for the jack board. It can't be hard to replicate, by judging all the used parts of it, but guess it's easier to work with external sequencer when needed. ;)

mr.obvious

Post by mr.obvious » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:56 pm

I too would love to be able to sync my Source's arpeggiator to something external.