Little Phatty regular edition

Everything Phatty.
KingBarbarossa

Post by KingBarbarossa » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:11 pm

It does sound strange. However, all we know is that thew stage version will not have the wooden side panels, right?
But what does it matter... I love my Tribute Edition and it's looks alone makes it already a classic.

JSRockit

Post by JSRockit » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:55 am

CTRLSHFT wrote:i wonder if all the tributes have been spoken for based on the orders moog has recieved?

even if that was the case though, how would moog be releasing the stage edition already if they can't even keep up with the demand for tributes?

hmm....
The tributes are limited edition and I believe are already all spoken for...so this makes sense. I think they made a mistake...and released the news early...but not a mistake regarding the fact that the Standard edition is coming very, very soon.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:31 am

CTRLSHFT wrote:
JSRockit wrote:Rogue Music in NYC has confirmed that they are getting the Standard within the next week and it will cost less than $1000.

http://www.roguemusic.com/news.html

I confirmed it with them that it is the standard...not the tribute.
wow, thats pretty odd when you consider that moog has released zero images or press on it, other than the relative price tag. i wonder if all the tributes have been spoken for based on the orders moog has recieved?

even if that was the case though, how would moog be releasing the stage edition already if they can't even keep up with the demand for tributes?

hmm....
I'm sure that goldphinga is right - the dealer has made a mistake. To confirm it yourself, try contacting the dealer next week and see if they received any Stage Editions from Moog. I'd bet they will tell you that the shipment has been delayed, try us again in a couple of weeks, etc.

Until Moog makes an official announcement, I wouldn't trust any claims from music dealers regarding the Stage Edition. Either save your money and wait, or shop around and get a Tribute Edition now.

- Greg

JSRockit

Post by JSRockit » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:32 pm

The only mistake they made was announcing it before Moog did... just like Novamusik did with the Akai MPC500 a week or two ago.

ARP

Post by ARP » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:06 pm

Rogue Music is usually pretty reliable...remember when people thought the Solar Edition Voyager wasn't legit just because Moog didn't announce it officially on their site..If Rogue is selling these for under 1k it sounds like a great deal for those who waited and didn't have the extra $400 to spend for wood end cheeks, etc...plus most of the bugs have been worked out of them by now!
"Although they heard the music..they didn't understand the tune"

KarnEvil

Post by KarnEvil » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:57 am

Wow, my small post turned into a quite long discussion! :)

I actually had ordered one, but told the local music last week to forget the order - because I just had to move to a different town/school...which gave me lots of unexpected expenses. Fineally the moog-fanatic in me realized the error of my decision..
stupid, stupid, stupid.... :(
Well see how this turns out.
I've been listening to a lot of samples of the LP, and they really sound amazing, I need a Little Phatty tribute edition badly!!! :(

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:02 am

KarnEvil wrote:Wow, my small post turned into a quite long discussion! :)

I actually had ordered one, but told the local music last week to forget the order - because I just had to move to a different town/school...which gave me lots of unexpected expenses. Fineally the moog-fanatic in me realized the error of my decision..
stupid, stupid, stupid.... :(
Well see how this turns out.
I've been listening to a lot of samples of the LP, and they really sound amazing, I need a Little Phatty tribute edition badly!!! :(
Life always gets in the way of these pleasurable pursuits! There will be other opportunities to pick up an LP.

Although only 1200 Tribute Edition LP's are being made, the Stage Edition will follow eventually. Unless you really want a 'collectable' Tribute Edition, the Stage Edition should offer the same sound and capabilities (the same way a Voyager Performer Edition offers the same sounds and capabilities as the Signature Edition). The Stage should also be less expensive than the Tribute, which will hopefully make make it easier for you to obtain.

- Greg

JSRockit

Post by JSRockit » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:22 pm

Rogue changed their news today:

Under $1000, delivery of the standard units, expected some time in January, Tribute models have begun to ship, the 1200 of these in production are all spoken for, if there are any cancellations, we'll know about it some time towards the end of October. We are taking $100 deposits .

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:16 pm

JSRockit wrote:...the 1200 of these in production are all spoken for...
This can't be true.

JSRockit

Post by JSRockit » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:37 pm

OysterRock wrote:
JSRockit wrote:...the 1200 of these in production are all spoken for...
This can't be true.
I think they mean that all have been sold to stores...but you can still find them at stores.

fresh1

Post by fresh1 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:01 pm

i can tell u i just ordered one this weekend from american music supply but i have to wait till oct 6th for it to be shipped so im assuming that there still around u just have to find them, but then again when u assume............

soundengine

Post by soundengine » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:49 am

Maybe Longer Fresh...

When I ordered mine from AMS, delivery was sooner than that... now its up to Oct 6th for me...

Good luck!