LP arrived :)

Everything Phatty.
moogme

Post by moogme » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:03 pm

linearnorth...interesting note...i got #18 and the box was in bad shape as well

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:37 pm

That's weird about the boxes. My Voyager (in box) came inside a brown shipping box so it was perfect. It's an AE so maybe the first performers went out this way too? I know there have to be some tempted package handlers on the line at the shipping hub when they see one come down the rollers. I work in a huge warehouse and we get whole containers of V-Drums, synths, etc. except the boxes are usually very plain. Of course Moog isn't shipping containers of synths.

linearnorth

Post by linearnorth » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:02 pm

Yeah, my Voyager SE had another box as well. I think if my LP would've been on the UPS truck another day it would've had plenty of dings in it. And I don't live too far from Asheville, so I totally feel for you guys who are far away. Hopefully they'll take that into consideration.

Nick Montoya

Post by Nick Montoya » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:34 pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my two LPs today, number 13 & 14 !!!

As for hissing, Its minimal when totally cranked but noticable.. I heard the first 15 were the only ones with this "issue", before they discuvered it, which makes sense that number 16 (or 17t that was received) has the same s/n ratio as the Voyager...

I can assure all the out of USA folks (Aussise and blocs) that NONE of your LP should have this problem..

At this point most of the first 15 have been claimed, so 16 and up will be "A Okay"..

The hiss is not worse than a vintage prodigy.. So to an extent, I agree with the guy who said " It's like complaining that a car gives off exaust" because in a lot of ways this LP is more analog than the Voyager, meaning that it has less digital spliting of the signal path which makes its RAC technology simply amazing..

I will send mine back for the routine fix (for the first 15 that is) if it will make the hiss go away..

but I'll say this.... If the modification they have to do neuters the HUGE ANALOG SOUND on the is baby, then the hiss is worth every bit...

It's really not that bad, and in live performance you'd never notice it.. It might stand out on recording where the LP was solo, but I don't think it is completly harming to this GORGEOUS musical unstrument..

I am actually honored (of course) to have one of the TOP 15 LPs, because it will make for a great story avout the hissing mistique of the first 15..

A very satisfied Mooger for life signing OFF... I'll be busy for a few years os so now, so I'll see you guys (way) later.... It's time for this skinny guy to get PHATTTTTTT ! Muahahahahaha..

Attached is a (horrible) picture of Anna and I,so you can check out today's shipment...

http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

rachel

Post by rachel » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:38 am

godzilla wrote:i called up awave last week, and they said within a month

well actually i said "within a month?" and the guy said "maybe"

My money's on the "maybe"! At least we know they will not come with this
early life bug. I guess it is to be expected with the "first" of anything....

rachel

theglyph

Post by theglyph » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:17 pm

The LP's look great Nick!!

As for the rest of the photo..... Get some sleep. The LP's will still be there tomorrow.

BTW Congrats on hooking up with #'s 13 &14.

Yoda-ace

knobs

Post by Yoda-ace » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:34 pm

Congrats to you lucky owners. I know one of these is in my future. I have been reading the forum and I checked out the utube video. I noticed on the video around 1:30 as he rolls the knob it seems to wobble, each time he releases it. I am totally excited about this synth. Thank you pioneers for your insights.

calyx93

Post by calyx93 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:45 am

Got mine back from Moog yesterday afternoon and checked it out thoroughly before leaving the office (brought headphones with me) - so far, so good!

They've really scaled back the noise/buzz to -60dB - it's only apparent if the overdrive is really cranked-up. All the LEDs are nice and stable - no more flickering. All rubber/silicone buttons are reassuringly responsive and the knobs are responding as expected. All in all - it's exactly what I expected it to be :) They did send it back double-boxed - which may or may not have helped in its transit. No dings this time.

The extras that Moog included are just great - users choice of filter poles gives it a totally different character and being able to choose the note priority, triggering, velocity to filter, analog knob mode, etc., enables it to be wonderfully expressive beyond many older monosynths abilities. It's everything I expected and more.

I'll report back in a few days after more extensive use - especially regarding MIDI and modern studio integrations. Hopefully, I can post some audio examples - there are a couple of just OBESE patches that'll sell this baby more than words can. :)
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud

pureoldsound

Post by pureoldsound » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:35 am

calyx93 wrote:Got mine back from Moog yesterday afternoon and checked it out thoroughly before leaving the office (brought headphones with me) - so far, so good!

They've really scaled back the noise/buzz to -60dB - it's only apparent if the overdrive is really cranked-up. All the LEDs are nice and stable - no more flickering. All rubber/silicone buttons are reassuringly responsive and the knobs are responding as expected. All in all - it's exactly what I expected it to be :) They did send it back double-boxed - which may or may not have helped in its transit. No dings this time.

The extras that Moog included are just great - users choice of filter poles gives it a totally different character and being able to choose the note priority, triggering, velocity to filter, analog knob mode, etc., enables it to be wonderfully expressive beyond many older monosynths abilities. It's everything I expected and more.

I'll report back in a few days after more extensive use - especially regarding MIDI and modern studio integrations. Hopefully, I can post some audio examples - there are a couple of just OBESE patches that'll sell this baby more than words can. :)
\
Congrats...Let us know how it behaves after the repairs....

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:52 am

good to hear

well actually more like good to read, when they ship to Australia then i'll really hear it!

earlynextyear

Post by earlynextyear » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:32 pm

Hey everyone.... thought I'd toss in my 2 cents about the shipping experience...

My LP arrived yesterday (#55). Thankfully the LP box was packaged within another shipping box and seems to be in perfect condition (the box that the LP gig bag came in is a another story). I had no problems with any hiss and everything seems to work just fine. The only flaw I can see on the entire synth is that the little Moog logo on the left side of the board was installed upside down.
Truly one of a kind now! :lol:

Big thanks to Moog Music for this awesome little synth. I was up and running in no time recreating patches from my MG-1 and Prodigy and then creating some sounds which are completely out of this world. The low end is spectacular and the interface is insanely easy to navigate. I cannot wait to get this thing on stage. The performance banks will make my life that much easier.

Thanks to everyone at Moog Music, and to Bob.
The included poster is beautiful and the CD-ROM was a great listen.

Anyone who is still waiting on theirs.... trust me, you will not be disappointed!!!

GregAE

Phatsound web site

Post by GregAE » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:28 am

Haven't mentioned it in a while, but there's an LP resource web site for all you new LP owners:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/phatsound/

Phatsound works like the SquareWave (Voyager) site, with space to upload patches, photos, etc. for sharing with other LP owners.

Greg

p0rth05

Post by p0rth05 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:41 am

I received my Moog LP today #53. It's perfect. It came double boxed. No excess noise. No LED flicker. No dents. Sounds awesome! 8)

p0rth05

Post by p0rth05 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:14 pm

My logo is upside down too.

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:31 pm

earlynextyear wrote:The only flaw I can see on the entire synth is that the little Moog logo on the left side of the board was installed upside down.
Truly one of a kind now! :lol:
OK, now it is two of a kind....at least!!
Thanks Bob!!