LP arrived :)

Everything Phatty.
KingBarbarossa

Christmas in September

Post by KingBarbarossa » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:55 pm

Finally! My Little Phatty sits on my desk, glowing like a blue and purple christmas tree. It is not my first synth but it is my first true analog synth. And nooow I am getting to understand what all the hype is about analog vs. virtual analog. Not to put my MS2000BR down (it has it's own qualities), but next to the LP it sounds "cold" in many aspects. You can hear it instantly.

So far the LP is pure joy. What a wonderful and great sounding instrument. I love the look and feel of the interface and the keys. Quite some of the presets remind me somehow of the sounds on "Switched on Bach" - a coincidence?
The quick octave up- and down buttons work amazingly well - I like the way they indicate on which octave you are. But this is just one of the many little things that are so well and thoughtfully done.

There are already popping up questions which the short manual does not cover (I would have loved to see a 'how to' section in there). but I am sure many of them will evaporate as I am experimenting and playing more - well, I just had it for a couple of hours... (And already addictive)

I feel I have a piece of history now in my rig.

I feel very thankful towards Bob and the assisting geniuses for creating it!

soundengine

Post by soundengine » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:26 pm

Cool. I am awaiting my LP as well. And, I also have a MS2000 to compare it too. It wont be my first analog(thats my Roland HS60, a home user exact replica of the Juno106), but it will be my first MOOG. I cant wait.

Post some samples when you get a chance.

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:25 am

it will be my first moog too! well unless you count the delay and theremin

the only digitals i have used are DX synths and soft-synths and i much prefer my vitage rolands, but i have a strong feeling that i'm gonna like the LP the best, oh yeah i used the arturia minimoog v demo, and i love that! i can't wait to touch the LP ,
not only will it be my first moog
but it will also be my first non second hand synth and my first synth with more than 1 VCO! Can't wait!

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:20 pm

Not that everyone here is looking forward to seeing "I got MINE" for each of the 1200 Tributes that are going out, but...... I got MINE!!!!

It was supposed to ship today from Moog, but instead it arrived at the music store today to everyone's surprise. Number 245.

I wasn't prepared to get it today--can't take the rest of the day off, no speakers or headphones in the shop......the music store was too busy to play with it today. It is just sitting on a table snickering at me until I can take it home tonight.

First impressions:

1) GREAT looking box. Just outstanding. Looks as good as the synth, although it is not surprising that the LP's that were originally sent in just those boxes got a bit banged up. Not a lot of padding or extra room in that box

2) The LP is smaller than I imagined

3) It is an absolutely fantastic looking synth--just gorgeous

4) Keyboard feels great, better than many other synth action keyboards out there

5) Knobs and buttons feel solid

Can't wait to introduce my LP to it's new friends at home. Kind of fun to be one of the first, if not THE first in Portland to get one of these babies.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks Bob!!

jamsandwich

Post by jamsandwich » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:48 am

shucks,,,and gosh goggitt!! she's finally home! my LP#152 find her way to columbus, oh last week on the 21st via guitar center. i didn't sleep, called in sick the next day and blessed 200 + funk starved OSU students at my band's gig the next night. what can i say but...thank you Bob. thank you Cyril!! she's a beautiful beast! i think i've embodied the spirit of Mace Windu..i now enter the battlefield w/ TWO burning lightsabers ;my mini model d and ms. phatty!! also thnx to linda and jared for the "hang in there man, it's comin'!.." march on moog soldiers , march on!! double peace
minimoog model d sn#8460
moog concertmate mg-1
roland space echo

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:17 pm

Little Phatty is in the house :). UPS delivered it early this afternoon, with what little time I’ve had to spend it’s well laid out, pretty easy to navigate the “basic” parameter, looks great and sounds even greater :).

Over the next few days I’ll work on some comparisons between the Little Phatty, MiniMoog and Voyager.

Brian