LPF noisy?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Robzilla

LPF noisy?

Post by Robzilla » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:52 am

Hi,

I noticed there is alot of hiss in my signal when the LPF is in my chain. When i remove the LPF out of my signal there is a lot less hiss. I use mine with guitar..

Is this normal? Is the 101 a bit noisy?

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:38 am

My LPF is. My ring modulator is very quiet. I think someone mentioned that the LPF is quieter when you use it at line level rather than instrument level, though that is a pain with a guitar rig.

Bryan

asd

Post by asd » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:34 pm

I get a lot of extra hiss and noise with my lpf (I use it with my guitar setup). I also pick up some radio signals with mine.

The ring mod has the gate so maybe that adds to its quietness

asd

Post by asd » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:51 pm

I noticed yesterday that when I switch the envelope to "fast" the lpf gets a lot noisier than when it's on the "slow" setting. Anyone else's lpf do this?

varice

Post by varice » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:43 pm

asd wrote:I noticed yesterday that when I switch the envelope to "fast" the lpf gets a lot noisier than when it's on the "slow" setting. Anyone else's lpf do this?
No, I do not get any extra noise when switching to fast.

My MF-101 is a little noisy when using it at instrument level, but I don't pick up any radio stations! I use a Carl Martin Preamp 3-Band Parametric EQ with my guitars. It works great for boosting the signal closer to line level and as a super tone control. The MF-101 sounds excellent when driven with the Preamp/EQ!
varice