702 Percussion Synthesizer - progress...!

System 55 • System 35 • Model 15
noddyspuncture

702 Percussion Synthesizer - progress...!

Post by noddyspuncture » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi folks,

Today I built an LFO with which to trigger one of the 702 modules oscillators....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IXTkdFq6ak

I have some more ideas as well.... which I will test out and possibly implement.

:D

Working blind here as no one really knows what this thing should do or sound like...!?

Cheers,
Tom

MC

Re: 702 Percussion Synthesizer - progress...!

Post by MC » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:23 pm

noddyspuncture wrote:Working blind here as no one really knows what this thing should do or sound like...!?
The BMF might have documentation. Bob had a lot of stuff archived from those days, the BMF had been sorting through it.

Failing that, I know that Bob's widow sent a lot of stuff to Cornell.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

noddyspuncture

Re: 702 Percussion Synthesizer - progress...!

Post by noddyspuncture » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:57 pm

MC wrote:
noddyspuncture wrote:Working blind here as no one really knows what this thing should do or sound like...!?
The BMF might have documentation. Bob had a lot of stuff archived from those days, the BMF had been sorting through it.

Failing that, I know that Bob's widow sent a lot of stuff to Cornell.
Yes, it would be good to see some notes on the whole thing and also schematics of the "other side" etc... although I have drawn out the schematics of what I have here... and some of it just doesn't add up! At the end of the day these 702's are even more obscure that the 701's. We can see the 701's in the cabinet in the 'Jazz In The Garden' photos but there has never been any kind of documentation - to my knowledge - of the 702's.

Could be they were still being 'developed'. It did occur to me... but then, for example, there is the "Delay Time" control on the front panel. You would assume that before the panels were made they did in fact confirm that those 'Delay Time' controls actually did something...? But looking at how and where they are wired - there's no way they could introduce any sort of delay.

I have made enquiries with people connected with the BMF, but have been told there is basically nothing available on these modules. How would I contact Cornell...? Do we have any members here who are connected by any chance...?

Cheers,
Tom