Sub Phatty Osc1 Octave Selector Not Working

Everything Sub.
rand

Sub Phatty Osc1 Octave Selector Not Working

Post by rand » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Out of the blue, the oscillator 1 octave selector on my Sub Phatty does not appear to function. However, I am still able to change the oscillator 1 octave using the VST.

Any ideas if this is due to a hidden parameter I may have mistakenly set...or am I right in assuming that I have a knob problem?

Thanks.

Control_Voltage

Re: Sub Phatty Osc1 Octave Selector Not Working

Post by Control_Voltage » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi there,

Andy from Moog Tech Support here!

Please contact us directly for assistance with this issue, we will be happy to help you get it sorted out.

Andy Hughes, Service Manager
[email protected]
828-251-0090 xt 221

Nate Marino
[email protected]
xt. 204

Taylor Mott
[email protected]
xt. 217

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

robml

Post by robml » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:57 pm

i now have this problem too.

i opened it up -- looks like there is some problem with the board controlling the knobs on the left hand of the panel. looks like some sort of heat rash on the board around certain components including the octave knobs.

i have emailed tech support.

cheers, rob.

cjolson80

Re: Sub Phatty Osc1 Octave Selector Not Working — Me too!

Post by cjolson80 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:43 am

Funny that all of these issues with the octave 1 selector are all popping up in 2015 alone. Looks on the surface like an issue with component and or build/design quality. If this problem is the result of any of those, Moog ought to cover the repair fully — even for those out of waranty.

That said — my octave 1 selector knob stopped working yesterday. I turned it on, expected to use it and — bam, octave 1 knob is dead.

I contacted Andy, but I also think it would be nice if someone at Moog would communicate with us on these boards as to what the problem is with these.

sensorychaos

Post by sensorychaos » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:43 am

Octave 1 and 2.
Dead.
Windows 7 X64 pro / cubase 8.5 / vst subphatty + sub37 X64 editors running together
sub37 (usb3) + subphatty (usb 3)
maschine (usb2) /tetra (usb2) codeknob editor (running as a third simultaneous editor), fireface ufx (usb2), minibrute (usb2)

KonstantinS

Post by KonstantinS » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:37 am

I'm facing the same problem. OSC2 octave switch doesn't work. And also LFO form switch doesn't work too. I guess there is something wrong with the pots, or maybe some commutation problems. Anyone know how to fix it or maybe know where to find replacement?
The only switch I found that is similar to those in Sub Phatty is this one http://www.taiwanalpha.com/english/p_e_141.htm
If guys from tech support read this, please guys, help me out.