midi->CV->MF

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Michael Glaviano

midi->CV->MF

Post by Michael Glaviano » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:23 pm

I have a guitar + outboard gear set up for pitch to midi. The converter box also has the unmodified analog guitar output. I was thinking of running the analog guitar out into my MF pedal array and using the midi output to drive a midi-to-CV converter to provide performance-nuanced CV input to the various MF pedals.

Has anyone tried this? What did you use for a midi-to-CV converter? Does Moog make anything specific to this purpose?

The possibilities are soberingly (or perhaps intoxicatingly) endless.

Thanks!
aka Amigo van Helical
Northern Colorado

asd

Post by asd » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:51 pm

what type of pitch to midi converter do you use?

i don't really know anything about pitch>midi>cv, but i'm a guitarist and would really like to have something that could do pitch>cv, even if the tracking wasn't really that accurate, so i'm curious to see responses

Michael Glaviano

Post by Michael Glaviano » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:56 pm

asd:

I started out looking for pitch-to-cv and had to give up on that. The GI-20 is interesting because it's optimized for guitar; thus the midi stream it outputs is likely to contain midi events that are reflective of guitar performance. Converting those midi events into CV signals and then feeding them into the MF CV network *could* have very musical results.

Thanks,
aka Amigo van Helical
Northern Colorado

anti

Post by anti » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:27 pm

i use the microcon technosaurus. sounds cheesy but is a bad little box when run with midi,cv,and moogers.