ring modulator w/ line 6 expression pedal

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:55 am

drolling wrote:Again, I'll ask - how can I get a Moog expression pedal? I've hit a dead-end w/the Canadian distributor!!
Wait, isn't the pedal that's made in Italy the current Moog expression pedal? The big old ones would have to be bought used...

drolling

Post by drolling » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:42 am

hieronymous wrote:
drolling wrote:Again, I'll ask - how can I get a Moog expression pedal? I've hit a dead-end w/the Canadian distributor!!
Wait, isn't the pedal that's made in Italy the current Moog expression pedal? The big old ones would have to be bought used...
First, just let me say how much I've enjoyed your paintings - the dyptichs & triptychs espescially!!

When I bought my MF102 a number of years ago, the shop refused to stock the pedals, as they were quite expensive - and had found these Italian pedals that worked just as well for less money. That was back in the Big Briar days.

The Italian pedal has always worked fine w/my Moogerfooger, but I've actually got another reason for wanting the "Moog" brand pedal;
I've been using a wonderful new analog delay - the Diamond Memory Lane, and it has an exp. pedal input to control regeneration- theoretically, one should be able to send the pedal into self-oscillation w/the right pedal, but the Italian job seems to fall short.

Michael Knappe the Canadian engineer who designed the Memory Lane has recommended the Moog as the ONLY expression pedal that's properly calibrated to work w/his delay.

For years I've used an ElectroHarmonix Deluxw Memory Man, mounted at waist level, on a mic stand - so I can manipulate the echoes into runaway feedback (self-oscillation) w/my hands, while playing the guitar simultaneously.

The new Diamond delay, with the appropriate pedal, was to make my primative rig a thing of the past - finally freeing up both hands for the guitar...

But it hasn't worked out that way..

..And that's really the main reason I'm on this quest.

If the current Moog expression pedals are no different than the one I've already got... I guess it's back to the drawing board for me...

...thanks for your help, guys..

asd

Post by asd » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:43 pm

my understanding may be wrong, but since the moog pedals are passive won't they only return at most the maximum voltage provided by the pedal (the mf's provide 5 volts?)

so if you wanted to use a voltage to push the memory lane past a certain point you would need something to provide a voltage over and above that (or below it)? the squarewave write up of the 102 talked about this some to push the "rate" above and below what you could do by just turning the knob

i might be completely wrong about everything i just said though....

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:25 am

drolling wrote:First, just let me say how much I've enjoyed your paintings - the dyptichs & triptychs espescially!!
I think you have me confused with that other guy - he spells his name with only one "o"...

Is the Memory Lane guy talking about the recent Moog expression pedals or vintage ones? I've seen old ones that are huge - they look almost like boots that Kiss would wear, and are built like tanks...

drolling

Post by drolling » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:46 am

hieronymous wrote:Is the Memory Lane guy talking about the recent Moog expression pedals or vintage ones? I've seen old ones that are huge - they look almost like boots that Kiss would wear, and are built like tanks...
Yeah, I think so. He says they're from the Big Briar days, so I think he's using the old ones for testing. Probably not going to be too easy to find...