Sub 37 Always Sweeps The Sound!!!!!!

Everything Sub.
Enkryption

Sub 37 Always Sweeps The Sound!!!!!!

Post by Enkryption » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:55 pm

Im ok if I leave OSC 1 And mess with it then I need to put Filter amount and MOD 1 Continues to SWEEP the sound?? Like a never ending SEQ,...

Ive Isolated everything and yet can't fig it out.. Also how to go from the OSC to Filter then MOD.. I really am having trouble with this Machine and ready to Trash it...!!!

The Thing Keeps Playing Up and Down In a Sweeping Motion as soon as I turn the Filter amount Knob.. Why?

INT patch is about to be worn out!

I just don't get why there is no single explanation or setting people can post to help..
Documents are hard to find and no body puts a detailed way on how they make the sounds they achieved..

Twist the knobs ! Experiment! thats all I hear and its BS!!!!

I twisted the knobs and and got so Pissed at this machine that I ran My wires across it hoping to make it explode..

Sucks that there is no Help or Support... I guess its a Elite group and I'm never going to figure it out.. Prob Should have done the Dave PRO 2,,

Don't tell me to twist knobs any more!! I want a Pro to Tell me why my Moog Keeps Sweeping!! Going from a Low To High Sound And I can't Controll It..

Can some one please help!!!
Trust me I read all the books but this thing is not exactly the same and missing out

Please help

_DemonDan_

Re: Sub 37 Always Sweeps The Sound!!!!!!

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:16 am

OK, I'll take a stab at it.

First, I need to actually hear what you're talking about so that we're both starting from the same place.

Can you make a quick YouTube video or SoundCloud audio file that shows this "sweeping"?

A part of me suspects that you're actually talking about the two oscillators having a slight difference in tuning, but I want to be sure before I start walking you through it.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Jeffery&wayne

Post by Jeffery&wayne » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:27 pm

If your just wanting a continuing filter sweep all you need to do is on mod one take the filter amount and turn it up how ever deep you want it to sweep, also it's bi-directional so if your filter cutoff is at 100% than you'll need to turn the knob counter clockwise.

Make sure your filter envelope is off and the mod1 pitch is off(12oclock)
And the mod wheel is up. Have the LFO on mod2 set to triangle and have the rate slow.

It should sweep through the filter when playing a note. I'll make a quick video of what I think you want and post it, if what I am thinking your asking is what you are really asking. :)

Jeffery&wayne

Post by Jeffery&wayne » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:47 pm

http://youtu.be/3HbPE8U8ocM

Ok! Off the cuff cellphone video! Hahaga sorry for it being long and a little ADD.
But I'm assuming that is the sound you wanted? If not link me a demo of it

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Jeffery&wayne wrote:http://youtu.be/3HbPE8U8ocM
Ok! Off the cuff cellphone video! But I'm assuming that is the sound you wanted?
Hi Jeffery&wayne,
I'm not 100% certain, but it seems like the original poster, Enkryption, was complaining that it *always* does this, as opposed to wanting to learn how to make it sweep like that.

I asked Encryption for a video or audio example just to make sure we're really talking about Filter sweeps instead of something else. (Sometimes people new to analog think that the harmonic sweep caused by two OSCs slightly out of tune is something being modulated by an LFO.)

Since we at least now have a video of someone modulating the Filter Cutoff with an LFO, I can ask Encryption: Is this the kind of sweeping you're talking about? Or is it a different kind of sweeping sound?

P.S. Jeffery&wayne, turn your cell phone sideways when shooting. It's a lot more pleasant to watch a video when you don't feel like you're looking out of a jail cell window ;-)

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:32 pm

Enkryption wrote:Im ok if I leave OSC 1 And mess with it then I need to put Filter amount and MOD 1 Continues to SWEEP the sound?? Like a never ending SEQ,...

Ive Isolated everything and yet can't fig it out.. Also how to go from the OSC to Filter then MOD.

The Thing Keeps Playing Up and Down In a Sweeping Motion as soon as I turn the Filter amount Knob.. Why?
Hi Enkryption,
Given that you haven't been able to respond yet, I'll try to guide you with what I think you're asking about.

The FILTER AMT knob in MOD 1 or MOD 2 sweeps the Filter Cutoff (via whatever MOD SOURCE you've chosen with the top knob) because that's exactly what that knob was put there to do. And it's clearly doing it.

It would be like asking:
"I'm turning the steering wheel of my car, but then the front wheels are turning as well. Why??? I'm ready to trash my car!!! I want a Pro to tell me why my wheels turn whenever I turn the steering wheel. I probably should have bought a Chevy instead of a Ford."

The wheels turn because that's what a steering wheel does.
The Filter is sweeping because that's exactly what the MOD 1 FILTER AMT knob does.

Jeffery&wayne

Post by Jeffery&wayne » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:49 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
Ok! Off the cuff cellphone video! But I'm assuming that is the sound you wanted?
P.S. Jeffery&wayne, turn your cell phone sideways when shooting. It's a lot more pleasant to watch a video when you don't feel like you're looking out of a jail cell window ;-)
Haha yeah...after uploading I realized it was all sideways.

Also! If he is asking about the moog always sweeping the sound than it is probably the phasing. Or inadvertently having the mod wheel up?

arjanhoekstra

Post by arjanhoekstra » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:02 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:The wheels turn because that's what a steering wheel does.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Since I haven't heard back from you I'm going to try another guess.

Is it possible that you're having a situation where (starting from an INIT PRESET) you're not able to stop the Filter sweep by moving the Mod Wheel all the way down (closest to you)?

If that's the case, then there are a few things I'd want you to check.

But there's nothing I can do for you until you respond back to the thread that you initiated.

mrberger

Post by mrberger » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:11 pm

Ok! Off the cuff cellphone video! Hahaga sorry for it being long and a little ADD.
But I'm assuming that is the sound you wanted? If not link me a demo of it
Jeffery&wayne,
tks for posting that. This has helped advance my noob knob-twiddling capabilities by leaps and bounds :)

MoogProg

Post by MoogProg » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:32 pm

Trying to think 'out of the box' about this issue.

As Dan said above, the Filter Amt is sweeping the filter (cutoff value) because that is its job, and it is working as designed. But is sounds like you want this behavior to stop (stop sweeping the filter). Is is just possible that you have the Mod1 Filter Amt knob turned full left (fully counter-clockwise) and do not realize this applies the MOD as a negative value (which would be very audible)? The center divit at 12:00 is ZERO for this control, and please forgive me if this is an overly simplistic suggestion. I'm trying to help out. :D
Last edited by MoogProg on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:38 pm

MoogProg wrote:Is it just possible that you have the Mod1 Filter Amt knob turned full left (fully counter-clockwise) and do not realize this applies the MOD as a negative value (which would be very audible)? The center divit at 12:00 is ZERO for this control, and please forgive me if this is an overly simplistic suggestion.
I'm embarrassed that I didn't even think of that as Enkryption's possible roadblock.

I bet you nailed it, MoogProg.

Jeffery&wayne

Post by Jeffery&wayne » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:38 am

mrberger wrote:

tks for posting that. This has helped advance my noob knob-twiddling capabilities by leaps and bounds :)
No problem! Sorry about the quality though!

Enkryption

Post by Enkryption » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Hey Guys.. I haven't had time but i will try and make an audio of it soon...

The prob Isn't even 2 OSC's .. I mute all but Osc 1 and the sound just Rises and lowers over a period of time..
Like as if I was Moving the mod wheel Slowly over the course of 8-10 Seconds.... Maybe its OSC 2 controlling OSC 1's Time..

Happens when I do INT Patch and set the Both OSC's.. Then I mute OSC 2 Leaving only OSC 1 in the mixer and as soon as I turn Filter AMT on MOD 1 , Thats when I can't stop it From Rising and Falling A Held Note.. Its hard to explain but thats the Jist.. As if the Cuttoff knob or MOD Wheel Is slowly being turned and resets back to a certain position...

If I can I will try and make a Sound clip.. Thanks

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Enkryption wrote:Like as if I was Moving the mod wheel Slowly over the course of 8-10 Seconds...
As if the Cuttoff knob or MOD Wheel Is slowly being turned and resets back to a certain position...
It would be interesting to see if CC#1 (Mod Wheel), or any other CC# is coming from the MIDI Out jack when this happens.

That would tell us, right away, what was happening.

Get a free MIDI Monitor app for your Mac or PC (MIDI Monitor for Mac, MidiOx for PC) and then let it run while the weirdness happens.