Have anyone the Sysex File from V3.0

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
plasmatron

Have anyone the Sysex File from V3.0

Post by plasmatron » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:02 pm

Hi,

i search for the Sysex File from the V3.0 OS to install it over my V2.5 , without the new Board..

THX

Plasmatron

monads

Post by monads » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:05 pm

Don't think it's been posted...and I'm not sure if/when it does it'll even work with the old boards?

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:59 am

The info by Moog Music was, that the OS 3.0 software would run on the older digital Voyager boards. But of cause without the ability of switching banks. The expanded memory chips are the (?) differences in the two boards.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

FrankB

Post by FrankB » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:02 pm

In version 2.5 there is a menu item
MASTER --> Send System ROM --> ENTER --> ENTER
that sends firstly Bank A and, after pressing <ENTER> again,
sends secondly Bank C.

After that, there exists the item
MASTER --> Send Boot System --> ENNTER --> ENTER
that transmits Bank B.

Could anybody (who owns a v. 3.0 VOYAGER) please try if it is possible to send that ROM content via MIDI to any MIDI tool (MidiOX or so). Then it should be a possibility to test the software on MMV's without the new (memory) board.

This would be very nice... :)
Frank

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:49 pm

Hello FrankB,
do you think the admin will like this posting of yours?
Do you think this is legal?
Just because data is lightweight and can be copied a million times or more very fast and easily, it is still protected by the copyright law.
So I don't think you are willing that one of us is braking the laws.

And what to test on OS 3.0? The new features do work.
And what the features are is well known and was posted before.
And you don't get the additional bank memories without the hardware extention anyway.

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

monads

Post by monads » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:41 pm

If v3.0 is being shipped with new boards on RME and Electric Blue's I wonder what's the hold up from an official posting of 3.0?

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:55 pm

If a new remix of Madonas latest hit is being on sale, how hold you up from official posting it ;)

No copyprotection does not equal to being allowed to copy it :idea:

If Moog Music choosed not to release the OS 3.0 for non-upgrade, then it is just illegal doing so. I will not do things like this. But if others do ...

Till "Qwave" Kopper

FrankB

Post by FrankB » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:00 pm

Hi Qwave,

what do you think is that menu item for? Is this intended for backup purposes?

I didn't hear anything that they want to earn money for a new OS. If one likes to get more banks, than one has to buy the new board, of course...

I for myselfe would never buy the new board because 128 presets are more than enough for me.

So, what do YOU think the admin will think about my desire to get the new OS? I hope he will be glad to see that some owners are happy with the original hardware ...

Have a nice day... 8)
Frank

monads

Post by monads » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:59 pm

I think either it should be posted, or if not an explanation why. Whether it be because it only works with the new board or it's a paid upgrade. This would silence the issue.

peter ripa

Post by peter ripa » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:40 am

i think this needs a clarification from moog music. a person involved with the development of at least previous versions stated on this forum that it would work with the old boards.
maybe it works but with some flaws and moog music dont wish to support the upgrades due to this, or are they just trying to sell new boards?
www.peterripa.com
http://www.peterripa.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=musik

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:10 am

peter ripa wrote:i think this needs a clarification from moog music. a person involved with the development of at least previous versions stated on this forum that it would work with the old boards.
maybe it works but with some flaws and moog music dont wish to support the upgrades due to this, or are they just trying to sell new boards?
OS Version 3 works on Voyagers without the memory expansion board. No idea if/when Moog will post the OS software for downloading.

Greg

peter ripa

Post by peter ripa » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:12 am

thx for the info greg
www.peterripa.com
http://www.peterripa.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=musik