Taurus II Controller issues (rebuild mine?)

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
420CAT

Taurus II Controller issues (rebuild mine?)

Post by 420CAT » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Hello all,

I am a brand new member to this forum, and please excuse this post if it has already been addressed (though i don't think it has).

I am an owner of two (formerly working) Taurus II's. After a depressing phone call from my tech at Condor Electronics in Seattle, WA. He suggested that I research online for someone who REBUILDS the controllers. According to my tech, it is the nature of the beast to basically just wear out after time. The interconnects between the 3 boards that the pedals connect to are busted, and his confidence on fixing it was minimal, though he has done it in the past.

Is there anyone who has rebuilt the insides of the taurus controller before? OR confident in doing it? My hopes is to have a much much more reliable controller that I can gig with.

(my last gig... the bottom 7 notes stopped triggering the appropriate pitch So I had to transpose on the fly... then after investigating and tinkering around at home.. none of the pedals would trigger sound. Although with the Auto-Trigger on the controller still transmits pitch data for ALL of the pedals.)

This synth is imperative to my band. I play the drums and the taurus II with my left foot. There has to be a way to increase the longevity of this beautiful machine.

Help Moog Music Forum... you're my only hope.

Thanks for reading!

-M