Sub Phatty Editor/Librarian

Everything Sub.
mico

Sub Phatty Editor/Librarian

Post by mico » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Received my Sub Phatty, but I do not see anywhere with the physical or online manual as to how to acquire the librarian/editor for it. There were several pieces of literature (and a puzzle) that came along with the unit, but nothing that would otherwise indicate at a hard copy of the software.

Am I missing something here, besides the possibility of missing the librarian/editor? :wink:

Thanks in advance!
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

mico

Re: Sub Phatty Editor/Librarian

Post by mico » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Nevermind. Finally got Support to fix my Product Registration account and I see a notice informing that the Librarian/Editor is "COMING SOON!"

Alrighty.
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

mico

Post by mico » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Though I must admit, I'm curious as to how "soon" we can expect it.

krismiller1982

Post by krismiller1982 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Ditto

krismiller1982

Post by krismiller1982 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 pm

An estimated ETA on the editor would be great guys. Please & thanks

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi guys! I would estimate "definitely the next month or two" on the editor/librarian. It's very actively in development now, although it's too soon to share any screenshots or beta versions.

There will be a graphical editing UI for all preset parameters at once, and a librarian interface with drag and drop loading of presets to and from the synth, the ability to organize presets by category and subfolder, save and load all-presets files (which will be helpful later when there are backline Sub Phatty synths for touring musicians)...

It's probably not too late to incorporate any really crucial feature requests for the Editor/Librarian, so if you have any, please share.

Thanks!

Amos

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 pm

It would be nice if it comes in VST/AU.

A thought: if you make it VST/AU, maybe you could make it recognize the preset inside the current track when we play it/change tracks! I'm kind of a noob with these technical details and I don't know if that is possible with the Minitaur Editor, but I think it would cover the "lack of presets" (I really don't see it that way) in Sub Phatty. Was I clear enough??

The selectable CV Input parameter is also very nice! I don't know if that's possible to implement either... or already in. Who knows? :)

I'll try to think something else...
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:40 pm

I forgot to mention, the editor will indeed be VST and AU in addition to a stand-alone version.

krismiller1982

Post by krismiller1982 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Fantastic Amos!!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!!

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Exciting times!!! i'll be very happy to beta test as soon as my sub phatty arrives in the next sweetwater shipment (e.t.a. a few weeks according to last eMail)

Ditto on CV mapping feature request ~ and hoping for a uniform GUI shared with the Minitaur REV 2
with a command/control S keyboard controlled (mouse free) Save - to correspond with the command 0,1,2,3 to cycle thru relevant windows

When working with the Editor with hands on the synth, squinting around with the mouse is counterintuitive particularly when it might also make you lose your work saving patches etc. so this is an important detail for me :)

Amos wrote:I forgot to mention, the editor will indeed be VST and AU in addition to a stand-alone version.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

bathyscaaf

Post by bathyscaaf » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:03 pm

I have a feature request:
The ability to "morph" between presets. You have a time value for the morph length (0 for instantaneous) and when you switch to a new preset the settings that require changing alter themselves over the morph-time length to the final value of the preset -- this is a feature of the Ohm-Force plugin line and is similar to Audiomulch's Metasurface feature. With a long enough morph-time setting this would be amazing for the generative, drone, and experimental folks.
Thanks,
-glenn

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:31 pm

bathyscaaf wrote:I have a feature request:
The ability to "morph" between presets.
Yes, bathyscarf's suggestion to morph sounds in real time performance sound intriguing.
What about simple RANDOMIZE and/or MORPHing two parent presets in our patch libraries?
That is available in many editors including the current Voyager editor/lib from SoundTower.

I think you already confirmed we are going to have Minitaur REV2 style CV mapping.
That would be my number one request...
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

Moogus

Post by Moogus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi Amos

Are you shipping any basic percussion presets and any other preset goodies with the editor/librarian or are you going to Market these at a later date ;) ??

M
A nearly has been...

ghosttwin

Post by ghosttwin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Amos, any news on the release of the editor/librarian? I'd be happy to beta test as well. Using ableton live right now for gigs and was hoping to integrate this into our live setup asap!

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 am

Hi, the Editor/Librarian is coming together rapidly at this point. It should be ready in mere weeks.
Anyone who is interested in beta testing should please email me at amos at moogmusic dot c0m.
For now, the beta builds are Mac-only; of course the release will be cross-platform.

As for shipping the Editor with a lot of presets, of course we'll do our best to create some good ones... if any Sub Phatty players out there have some good sounds which they would like to submit for inclusion in the editor when it ships, I'd be into that! Please let me know.

Cheers,

Amos