Minitaur with CV's - close but no cigar

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
earthlinger

Re: Minitaur with CV's - close but no cigar

Post by earthlinger » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:07 pm

So just started to discover minitaur world.
Can anybody confirm that it is safe to try CV modulation with MP201 pedal? Amos?
anything i have to be careful before starting? just don't want to damage minitaur
since it seems the firmware&hardware integration sounds like not concrete yet.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:58 am

You can use the MP-201 and the Minitaur together safely :)

earthlinger

Post by earthlinger » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:32 am

merci for the encouragement 8)

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Portamental wrote:^ Ahh the multi-trigger setting from the panel... I want that so badly... I hope you can implement it just the way I suggested. I have come up with a number of easy to implement features for the Minitaur. I guess should post them if I want them done at some point, and anything old school ;)
Hi Portamental; I'm back. I am ready to implement any features you'd like to specify.
I've already done a few things... (per http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19893)

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:35 pm

earthlinger wrote:So just started to discover minitaur world.
Can anybody confirm that it is safe to try CV modulation with MP201 pedal? Amos?
anything i have to be careful before starting? just don't want to damage minitaur
since it seems the firmware&hardware integration sounds like not concrete yet.
It's not just safe, it's a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

Use one channel of MP-201 to kick a gate sync'd to Midi clock
Use another for Sample and Hold driving Filter cutoff
Use a third for a CV mapped parameter of your choice from LFO via mapped Vol CV input
Finally, use expression pedal for realtime control

I sold my Multipedal; miss it but wasn't giving it the time it deserved because I have too much other crap to play with :?
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

earthlinger

Post by earthlinger » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:20 am

nice suggestions EMwhite, cheers :wink:

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Amos wrote:Hi Portamental; I'm back. I am ready to implement any features you'd like to specify.
I've already done a few things...
Hey I am back too... so busy this year marketing my new products...

Anyway.... here's my suggestion for implementing the much awaited legato-muti-trigger from the panel.

Legato/Multi-trigger from panel

Requirements :

- Must be able to set on the fly

- Must do it in a way not to mess up with the current panel settings, the less as possible anyway.

My suggestion :

The way it is now : the glide light toggles on : button press-down.

I suggest toggling the Glide only when the button is released.

If the button is pressed and held down and Glide knob is twisted slightly, you don't want to toggle glide ... it is a multi-trigger toggle command. When the button is released no action is taken on glide light or glide rate .

This is very convenient I think, it can be accomplished very very fast with thumb and index. With the glide button held down, just a slight back and forth twist will result in next to no change in glide rate setting when compared to internal value. (Glide is essential on a synth, yet not used all that often anyway).

If the Glide button is pressed and released without knob twist in between, then it is a glide toggle command that takes effect when the button is released.