think i gotta prob with my new mf 101

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Duke Foog

think i gotta prob with my new mf 101

Post by Duke Foog » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Just got this thing today and think that it's busted. i'm playing guitar clean through this with no other effects. the problem is it only seems to work when the resonance is cranked and starts to self oscillate. once this happens the other knobs have effect over the sound but i can't get anything to work unless the resonance is cranked.

i'm a little confused cause i've never tried or seen one of these used before. its supposed to be sort of like an auto-wha right? The demo's on this sight sound alot like that. maybe it's cause i don't have an expression pedal?

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:57 pm

I think you might need to read the manual a bit and understand how it really works.

I'm not a guitarist, I don't own a guitar, but here it goes:
First of all, turn the DRIVE knob up until just before your guitar starts to distort (right before the LED turns red). The stronger the signal, the better the effect. Make sure your MIX knob is at 10. Set the switch on the left to SMOOTH. The other switch doesn't matter at this point. Set your RESONANCE to about 6 or 7, set the CUTOFF knob to about 250 maybe less, strum your guitar while you turn up the AMOUNT knob until you get the desired amount of "auto-wah".

Dont get frustated, you really need you understand the basic concepts of sound manipulation to use this pedal. Read the manual.

Duke Foog

Post by Duke Foog » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:21 pm

I read the manual and tried the sample settings and didn't get anything. It just seems to add a tiny bit of bass to the sound. tried various levels with the drive knob also. the drive does work though.

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:24 pm

It sounds like something may be wrong with it. I run the Voyager through mine and you can hear the effect hands down - no question. I don't have to drive it hard or have the mix on 10 either. I don't play guitar so I can't help you there.