Which 3 Moogerfoogers to purchase

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
goldphinga

Which 3 Moogerfoogers to purchase

Post by goldphinga » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:11 am

I'm thinking of buying the LP filter, Phaser and a delay. Just wondered if people would think that i'd miss not having a murf as well.

Also if you could choose just two of the pedals which would you buy?
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

olen

RE: Which 3 Moogerfoogers to purchase

Post by olen » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:16 am

I have one of each MF including an original Analog Delay (AD) and three Control Processors (CP's), so based upon that I'd have to say it depends. :wink: I think the biggest deciding factor is the style of music and instrument you play and whether a certain effect lends itself well to those.

Personally, I love the MuRF, but it wouldn't be one of the first MF's I'd purchase. If you limited me to just two, I'd say a Low Pass Filter (LPF) and an AD, but closely followed by (if not at the same time) a CP. In my opinion, you really need at least one CP for every one or two MF's.

In my case, the purchase sequence was:

MF-104
All-in-One Package (MF-101, MF-102, MF-103) and 2 x CP-251
MF-105 and CP-251

I'll be adding a fourth CP-251 and likely one of the new MF-104Z's soon.

peter ripa

Post by peter ripa » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:20 pm

theyre all great. havent used my murf so much yet.
looking at the gearlist in your signature i think youll end up getting them all
one thing with CV-stuff is that each time you get something with CV you find new ways of using your old stuff aswell.
anyway the ones i use the most are the 104 and the 103.
www.peterripa.com
http://www.peterripa.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=musik

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:59 pm

If only two pedals I would choose the Low Pass filter and the Ring Modulator. The RM can do some nifty things plus it has the LFO out which can modulate the Low Pass Filter. The CP 251 is a great unit to add. The MURF doesn't move me. It's interesting, but I don't have much need for the effect. . .yet.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

Indeed

Post by Indeed » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:53 am

ey goldie,
if you never used a ring mod or phaser on that Rhodes of yours, you haven't truly lived!!! I got both of those MFs, the RM first...took me about 6 months to really dig into this pedal, but once I did I struck GOLD! Pure sonic brilliance for a rhodes piano, wicked distortion/tremolo for guitar...

The Phaser is also a very bold/subtle effect, as is the Moog signature feel/sound, I'm gathering through my travels...After 6 weeks or so, just starting to really feel its character... been having real good luck connecting it to my Voyager.. it does these ill changes to sustained leads as they taper off, thereby tickling my brainFolds. 8)

Have yet to try the CP, but I love the VX351 for the Voy...
Whichever you get, understand beforehand that you may want to wait for the right moment for the pedal to speak to you...
have fun

:idea:
MPC3000, MF-101, 102, 103, 104Z, 105M, 108m, 107, CP-251, MINI MODEL D, OB-8, ALESIS A6, ARP ODYSSEY MK1, RHODES MK1