Autographed MMV?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
frederic

Autographed MMV?

Post by frederic » Mon May 02, 2005 9:24 am

I just saw a MMV AE on ebay that was hand signed by Dr. Moog! I wonder how many of these he may have signed? Does anyone else have one?
-Fred

Demokid

Post by Demokid » Mon May 02, 2005 9:53 am

I guess the MMV AE got autographed when Bob Moog had a promotion talk in a music store or something.

Regards
Demokid
Gearlist: Andromeda A6, Emu E4XT Ultra, Korg MS20, Minimoog Model D (incl.MIDI), Minimoog Voyager AE, Roland Jupiter-8 (MIDI), RE-301, Prophet~5 (Rev3.3 incl MIDI), Poly Evolver Keyboard, Pro~One, Prophet 08, Synthesizers.com Custom Studio-44

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon May 02, 2005 10:50 am

Demo -

You may be right. I could also imagine a few other possibilities:

1. If you contacted Moog Music to order an AE, I supposed you could have requested that Bob sign your Voyager before it was boxed and shipped.

2. If you actually went to the factory take delivery of the AE, you might have had the opportunity to meet the man himself and gotten his signature on the unit.

I noticed that the signature of the eBay offering appears on the wood above the keyboard, and to the right of the left-hand controllers. The first limited Voyager production, the Signature Edition, featured Bob's signature in the blank space to the left of the LCD.

Having Bob's signature on an AE could indeed be a rarity.

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Mon May 02, 2005 11:08 am

I have an AE. It's not signed, but it is one of only fifteen maple editions. I imagine the one on Ebay must have been signed by Bob Moog whilst he was 'on tour'.
It is better to be loved or hated than to be regarded with indifference.
I might look a fool, I might act the fool, but take me for a fool and I'll make a fool of you.
If the past is ill, make the future better.

jaded bob

Post by jaded bob » Tue May 03, 2005 5:58 am

I've got a performer edition that he signed. i bought it from turnkey when he came to london last year and he did a signing for any moog gear.
nice.
joe

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Wed May 04, 2005 6:37 pm

I believe that this is a AE from Sweetwater Sound. My Sales Rep. told me when I bought my AE that they had Dr. Moog hand sign a few of the AE Voyagers when he came to their facility last year so it's probably one of those.
Gear List: Voyager AE with VX-351, CP-251, MF-101 through MF-105; TR-808, TR-606 and SH-32; Matrix 6R; Prophet 600; Triton, ER-1, ES-1, EA-1, and Wavestation A/D; Virus Rack; TurboPhatt; DM-Pro; PolyEvolver; Micro Q; Nord Lead

countlove

Post by countlove » Tue May 31, 2005 9:09 pm

I sent my Moog Voyager in for repairs. Asked the tech's if Bob could sign it, and Bob signed my Moog!! Nice Silver glittered Sharpie

JvS

Re: Autographed MMV?

Post by JvS » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:33 pm

frederic wrote:I just saw a MMV AE on ebay that was hand signed by Dr. Moog! I wonder how many of these he may have signed? Does anyone else have one?
-Fred
I got one of those from Ebay, at least if you mean the ones from Germany? It was delivered yesterday, shipping to the Netherlands took only one day(!). Check out Sonoms.de if you want a signed AE. That is, if you live in Europe. Really helpful and very quick. The price was quite OK too. I paid 2930 Euro, including a gigbag and shipping.
I must say, it's a real beauty. It looks far better in real life then it does on the various pictures I saw on the web. The wood structure is still visible under the black varnish so it still looks 'woody'. Also, the backlit panel is a dream. I use Kurzweils K2600 and K2661 on stage and I always have trouble to find the right switches in the dark. I wished there was a backlit panel upgrade possible for those......

Yes I'm totally happy. Having Bobs autograph on the AE is nice, although I'm not particularly thrilled by it. For me, in the first place, this is the finest electronic lead instrument ever built. I always wanted to have a Minimoog one day. And now I have one. I think it's even better than the old model D. At least for me. I like the preset memory, the aftertouch and the control surface. And as far as sounds..., my favourate minimoog players are Tom Schuman, Herbie Hancock, Jan Hammer, George Duke and some more. Mainly in the jazz/fusion style. The Voyager is more than capable to produce these kind of sounds, I already found out. I only wished Bob would have thought about builiding in some simple but high quality effects like reverb and delay that could be saved with the presets. Now I need to hook up some rackmount FX thing again. But other than that, this Voyager just rocks! Oh, and it sounds far better than the Nordlead3 (I used to have one). It's just more alive and responsive I think.

Thanks for all the info I found on this wonderful forum. Be sure to see me around often!

Cheers
Jan
Kurzweil K2661, K2600, K2500, Roland AX7, Moog Voyager Anniversary.

monads

Post by monads » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:04 pm

All these signature threads. I think it's cool the man signs stuff, especially when you ask the tech to ask Bob? But I don't expect them to appreciate in value as much given all this signature hoopla.

punkdisco

Post by punkdisco » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:12 am

"I've got a performer edition that he signed. i bought it from turnkey when he came to london last year and he did a signing for any moog gear."

I FINALLY got my AE last night from Turnkey. Mine was also signed during the same visit.. Told my wife off last night for touching the signiture!

The AE is very cool btw.. I see the lights have a half life of 4000 hours on full.. 10,000 on half..
Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk : Getting Married? Need a [url=http://www.punkdisco.co.uk/Weddings.htm]reception band[/url]? New [url=http://www.punkdisco.co.uk/Music/DVDA.mp3]DVDA Track[/url]

baward

Re: Autographed MMV?

Post by baward » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:56 pm

frederic wrote:I just saw a MMV AE on ebay that was hand signed by Dr. Moog! I wonder how many of these he may have signed? Does anyone else have one?
-Fred
My Voyager is signed, to the left of the display. What's the diffecernce between this Voager and mine, then? I thought there were 600 Signature Editions anyway...

Ben