Poll ended at Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:45 pm

Omega 8
57%
Voyager Rack
43%

Total votes: 7

Array

Post by Array » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 pm

Lengai wrote:Array, you didn't do much service to your girlie-man defense with that photo. Just an opinion, chew my head off if you want.
The point is that I am comfortable enough with my identity and masculinity so that I dont have to hide behind a curtain of ananymity on the internet in order to hurl insults at another man regarding his manhood.

Doki Doki

Post by Doki Doki » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:13 pm

Um, explain to me again how posting your picture makes you any less anonymous?

..sorry, let's see how long we can egg him on..
Happy owner of AE0380.

Array

Post by Array » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:15 pm

Doki Doki

Post by Doki Doki » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:30 pm

Ha ha, I couldn't agree more.
Happy owner of AE0380.

MC

Post by MC » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:46 pm

Dictionary.com affords us this definition:

Quote:
A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.

I believe that calling a synth "Sh*t" would fit the bill.
You throw my tactics right back in my face and you mess it up even worse!

Read the definition of libel you quoted.

A synth is not a "person's reputation"!!!!

Is that the best birdshot you have, girlie-man?!?!?

MC

Post by MC » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:48 pm

Eric you had me ROTFLMFAO! I agree, freaking hilarious!

I didn't know you were a trainnut.

Array

Post by Array » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:01 pm

MC wrote:
Dictionary.com affords us this definition:

Quote:
A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.

I believe that calling a synth "Sh*t" would fit the bill.
You throw my tactics right back in my face and you mess it up even worse!

Read the definition of libel you quoted.

A synth is not a "person's reputation"!!!!

Is that the best birdshot you have, girlie-man?!?!?
Look at the dictionary.com defition for "person":
Law. A human or organization with legal rights and duties.
Calling a synth "sh*t" would imply that the person (in this case the organization known as Studio Electronics) is making a faulty product. Therefore that statement still borders on libel.

As far as photos, there are plenty more on my site. Enjoy.

MC

Post by MC » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:22 pm

Quote:

Calling a synth "sh*t" would imply that the person (in this case the organization known as Studio Electronics) is making a faulty product. Therefore that statement still borders on libel.
Libel is publically falsely accusing Studio Electronics of embezzlement. Libel is falsely accusing a congressman of sexual harassment.

No one has ever been convicted under libel for criticizing a company product. If that were not true, we would not have Consumer Report or TV/radio talk shows criticizing Ford automobiles.

You hit like a girl.

Array

Post by Array » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:38 pm

MC wrote:

Quote:

Libel is publically falsely accusing Studio Electronics of embezzlement. Libel is falsely accusing a congressman of sexual harassment.

No one has ever been convicted under libel for criticizing a company product. If that were not true, we would not have Consumer Report or TV/radio talk shows criticizing Ford automobiles.

You hit like a girl.
Except for the fact that consumer reports actually backs up their claims with legitimate data. If I went around every forum saying that Studio Electronics makes "sh*t" gear without backing anything up, or if I wrote in a newspaper that Ford vehicles are unsafe and they kill babies without any substantial evidence, I am certain I would have a lawsuit on my hands. Nice try though.

As far as hitting like a girl, are you just regurgitating things your wife told you? Trust me, it hurts me a lot less than it must have hurt you. Kindly piss off now and stop trying so desperately to continue this arguement with me.

monads

Post by monads » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:45 pm

:shock: What happend here? I thought this was an Omega vs. Voyager thread but it looks like I walked into a Optimus vs. Megatron battle. Can I be Bumble bee?

suitandtieguy

Post by suitandtieguy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:52 am

MC wrote:I didn't know you were a trainnut.
i'm not ... just the tension level was getting a little uncomfortable.

:)

you understand.

flamewars are a bleeping bitch.

the synthesizers.com group is just coming off a 2 day flamewar and i spend time there because the tension level is so low.

here's another. a famous and fun streetcar. i'm more into traction myself:

me and my music - http://suitandtieguy.com
my modules - http://stgsoundlabs.com

Smokey5100

Post by Smokey5100 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:06 am

8)

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:15 am

suitandtieguy wrote:
MC wrote:I didn't know you were a trainnut.
i'm not ... just the tension level was getting a little uncomfortable.

:)

you understand.

flamewars are a bleeping bitch.

the synthesizers.com group is just coming off a 2 day flamewar and i spend time there because the tension level is so low.

here's another. a famous and fun streetcar. i'm more into traction myself:

You want THIS!

Or this. Only like it because its the only train I've ever had a chance to drive! :D

little doodler

Post by little doodler » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:06 pm

goldphinga wrote:omega 8 is an overprice unreliable piece of **** .read the soundonsound reviews and try one for yourself.you will be disappointed. i hardly think that this is a valid poll.how can u compare the voyager which is a monosynth and the omega 8 which is a poly? i dont quite understand the point. its more like a studio electronics V moog poll. moog wins everytime imo. the se-1 was again never properly finished with software issues far beyond any problems the voyager has ever had. its also doesn't sound as good, has no audio ins etc and has layers and layers of software to negotiate to do the simplest of functions. the polyevolver is a great board on par with the moogs but then dave smith is another legend a la bob. when moog bring out their polysynth we'll all be wanting one. the omega range is a bit of a non event.

moog wins handsdown. :)
First, tha SOS review is total bunk. He likened the sound of an Omega to that of a virtual synth! Not sure if you have ever even heard an Omega 8 but there isn't a drop of VA in it, it's pure thickness in every sense of the word. Granted the VCA's are brighter than the SE-1, the envelopes have received major snappification and the Moog filter has been boosted and added clarity. Also, all the software bugs are worked out, the arpeggiator is working and modulation is ridiculous.
On the polyphonic Voyager side, if there was one, it would probably be a rack, and probably cost around $5,ooo and kick major arse.

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:43 pm

ARRAY-Its hilarious how seriously you have taken my post on the studio electronics Om 8.Why did start threatening/ insinuating libel actions and things of that ilk AND not expect to get a frosty response??? People on this list wont fall foul of such patheticness! Im sure everyone's getting a bit sick of this now hence the top notch pictures of trains!

It is sad that you have to back up your statements with dictionaries/your own take on law .thats so childish and not the actions of a mature adult. imagine the responses we would all get if we dissed a certain piece of kit and threatened you with the insinuation of libel action !What a dull life it would be if everytime we needed to back ourselves up we had to consult a dictionary to make ourselves appear more official/clever/better than everyone else.

You are part of a special breed of finches that eat cheese crumbs off straw hats whils sniffing muesli.

In regard to the om 8 i just left four asterisks and for your knowledge any word could be inserted there if we gonna get nit-picky! You assumed it was a swear word as thats the way your mind works.

You started it mother ****** (insert word of choice here to avoid libel actions,could be Teresa, or Shipton)or insert suitable non-offensive postive politcally correct dictionary clause here!)

Gotcha!

you gets what you pays for.

MC is spot on with his posts.

Over and Out. Monkey face fish knackers.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.