Poll ended at Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:45 pm

Omega 8
57%
Voyager Rack
43%

Total votes: 7

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:03 pm

Also i forgot to mention, you should take down that picture as that particular pose is deemed offensive according to my own particular laws which i have invented and will continue to invent to suit my own porpoises . Unless you can prove that that pose was done in the best possible taste, (salt and vinegar in my opinion) and not meant to offend other lad ies i must insist that it is taken down right away,especially before Bob sees it as he doesn't like that kind of pose in his Kingdom.

Thanks for your co-operation on this,i'm sure you understand the serious nature of this issue and that you will update the picture,without further delay from the late 80's version currently on show to a more suitable early 90's one.

Cheers

Donkey-Pong
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

Array

Post by Array » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:11 am

goldphinga wrote:ARRAY-Its hilarious how seriously you have taken my post on the studio electronics Om 8.Why did start threatening/ insinuating libel actions and things of that ilk AND not expect to get a frosty response??? People on this list wont fall foul of such patheticness! Im sure everyone's getting a bit sick of this now hence the top notch pictures of trains!
It is hilarious how you didnt expect such a response when you so blatantly dismissed the hard work and efforts of Studio Electronics to bring high quality discrete synthesizers to a very niche market. Is it so bad that we have individuals out there who try and cater to our desire for real analog gear? Would it be a better world if we only had one choice?
goldphinga wrote: It is sad that you have to back up your statements with dictionaries/your own take on law .thats so childish and not the actions of a mature adult. imagine the responses we would all get if we dissed a certain piece of kit and threatened you with the insinuation of libel action !What a dull life it would be if everytime we needed to back ourselves up we had to consult a dictionary to make ourselves appear more official/clever/better than everyone else.
How is it sad that I bring forward a semi-authoritative source in order to back up my statements? Surely you dont mean to suggest that all of our lawyers, medical professionals, engineers, synth gurus, etc. are childish and immature for envoking canonical works when making critical decisions? Do you think Dr. Moog based his synthesizer designs on a whim? No! The man has a PhD for God's sake. Would you prefer that everyone just base their decisions on gut instinct and hearsay? Just look at the current global political climate for reasons as to why this is NOT a good thing. Maybe we should just outlaw (uh oh, theres that "nasty" L word again) books in general, that way no one can ever refer to a source when making an arguement or decision?
goldphinga wrote: You are part of a special breed of finches that eat cheese crumbs off straw hats whils sniffing muesli.
Purple monkey mayonaise utensils?
goldphinga wrote: MC is spot on with his posts.
Why dont you just leave it at that, instead of persisting to make a fool of yourself?

Array

Post by Array » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:15 am

goldphinga wrote:Also i forgot to mention, you should take down that picture as that particular pose is deemed offensive according to my own particular laws which i have invented and will continue to invent to suit my own porpoises . Unless you can prove that that pose was done in the best possible taste, (salt and vinegar in my opinion) and not meant to offend other lad ies i must insist that it is taken down right away,especially before Bob sees it as he doesn't like that kind of pose in his Kingdom.

Thanks for your co-operation on this,i'm sure you understand the serious nature of this issue and that you will update the picture,without further delay from the late 80's version currently on show to a more suitable early 90's one.

Cheers

Donkey-Pong
You DO realize that I am 21, right? That picture is indeed fairly recent.

As far as taking your advice on what is and what is not aesthetically palatable, I'll wait on a higher authority. I'm not too keen on taking ANY advice from an individual who supposedly invests upwards of $3000 on a MiniMoog voyager and then flat out claims that it is not a discrete synth.

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:40 am

I love you.(as a friend of course)

Werent expecting that were you?
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

MC

Post by MC » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:48 pm

As far as taking your advice on what is and what is not aesthetically palatable, I'll wait on a higher authority. I'm not too keen on taking ANY advice from an individual who supposedly invests upwards of $3000 on a MiniMoog voyager and then flat out claims that it is not a discrete synth.
I'm an EE - I have studied the components on the Voyager analog board and can confirm that it is NOT discrete. The board is chock full of 13700 OTAs, opamps, CMOS, and CA3086 transistor arrays with very few discrete transistors.

Bob's talent is "voicing" an audio circuit to its optimum, a common practice among the pro audio industry. "Voicing" means substituting components until it sounds its best, and it means using your ears not your bench test instruments. It is indeed possible to get ICs to sound discrete, and Bob is not alone in this.

bunnyman

Post by bunnyman » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:28 pm

For the love of God, PLEEAASSEE close this thread! :(

-ad

ikazlar

Post by ikazlar » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:08 am

Lol

what's hapenning here...? If you see a capacitor on a synthesizer will you say it is discreet? Any kind of integration will make it not discreet? I am not an EE (like MC) but I suppose this is the case. So, the Voyager must be some sort of a "hybrid" then

Yannis

Smokey5100

Post by Smokey5100 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:03 pm

da duh duh da da duh da duh