Problem with connecting slim ph. with usb keyboard in Logic

Everything Phatty.
insanebob

Problem with connecting slim ph. with usb keyboard in Logic

Post by insanebob » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Hello. I've just got slim phatty, but i don't have a keyboard with midi out, only USB oxygen 61. So I'm tryin to connect it with my phatty via logic. I know it's a common problem and i've made some research but still can't figure out how to do it. Here're steps that i've done:

1. Connected phatty with macbook via usb
2. Connected oxygen key-d with macbook via usb
3. Connected phatty with amplifier
4. Launched Logic empty project
5. Created External MIDI track
6. To the right in Library chosed slim phatty and there chosed Channel 1

In phatty Master section in MIDI setup submenu I have the following settings: midi in - usb; midi out - din\usb; usb in - both out; poly - 1 of 1; send CCs - all ccs; send 14bit - on; gate in - gate.
When I check phatty in Enter=Play Note, i hear the sound of preset from amplifier when i press enter. But Phatty still doesn't respond to Oxygen keyboard.
I hope somebody will be able to solve this problem.

misterpete

Re: Problem with connecting slim ph. with usb keyboard in Lo

Post by misterpete » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Doesn't the Oxygen have a DIN out?

You can leave the USB going into the MAC, and just add a DIN cable from the DIN out to MIDI in on your Slim Phatty. You may have to switch settings in the SP Menu to recognize them.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

nectarios

Re: Problem with connecting slim ph. with usb keyboard in Lo

Post by nectarios » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:18 pm

insanebob wrote:Hello. I've just got slim phatty, but i don't have a keyboard with midi out, only USB oxygen 61. So I'm tryin to connect it with my phatty via logic. I know it's a common problem and i've made some research but still can't figure out how to do it. Here're steps that i've done:

1. Connected phatty with macbook via usb
2. Connected oxygen key-d with macbook via usb
3. Connected phatty with amplifier
4. Launched Logic empty project
5. Created External MIDI track
6. To the right in Library chosed slim phatty and there chosed Channel 1

In phatty Master section in MIDI setup submenu I have the following settings: midi in - usb; midi out - din\usb; usb in - both out; poly - 1 of 1; send CCs - all ccs; send 14bit - on; gate in - gate.
When I check phatty in Enter=Play Note, i hear the sound of preset from amplifier when i press enter. But Phatty still doesn't respond to Oxygen keyboard.
I hope somebody will be able to solve this problem.
Here's how my Slim Phatty works in Logic Pro.
MIDI IN: DIN/USB
MIDI OUT:DIN/USB
POLY: OFF
Just make sure you are sending MIDI data down the same MIDI channel that the Phatty is receiving MIDI data.

Try that.
Eurorack, 5U, x0xb0x, Moog Slim Phatty, MF-102, MF-103, MF-108, CP-251, Beatstep Pro, Nord Lead 1, NI Maschine, MXR-104, ProCo RAT2, Big Muff π Bass, Logic Pro 9.
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts