Which Midi Keyboards Work With Animoog?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
jeffbragg

Which Midi Keyboards Work With Animoog?

Post by jeffbragg » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:16 am

I tried my Midiman Oxygen8 withe no success. Any ideas?

Newstech

Re: Which Midi Keyboards Work With Animoog?

Post by Newstech » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:36 pm

How do you have it connected? Is it sending on Channel 1? Do you see it as a MIDI input on the Animoog setup screen?

brettnoe

Post by brettnoe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:00 pm

The M-Audio Keystation 49e works.

ndebello

Post by ndebello » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:41 pm

M-Audio Axiom 61 working great.

Nick

dougt

Post by dougt » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:32 am

Korg Nanokey works great.

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:41 am

If you're lookikng for a portable solution, the AKAI Synthstation 25 works with Animoog on the iPod Touch 4G and on the iPhone (3 & 4 probably... don't have one) using an accessory app called MIDIBridge which bridges the SS25 to Animoog. You have to instantiate MIDIBridge first, then start Animoog and select "Midibridge" as a MIDI device and enable "Background Audio", then go back to MIDIBridge and connect the SS25 to Midibridge. KBD, Pitch Bend, and Modulation all work; the SS25 octave keys work too, but the other SS25 keys don't though Program up/down may not work because it isn't implemented in Animoog. The only problem I've found is when trying to use MIDIBridge's Core Midi Wifi when using Animoog. There could be some contention there. And BTW, get the Power Supply for the SS25 cause that way it'll charge your iPod/iPhone.

dmc

Post by dmc » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:32 am

I've been using the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 with the iPad through the USB/Apple Camera Connection Kit.

I was really excited today to see Animoog for iPhone—I want a portable synth rig the size of an iPhone+32 key keyboard! Alas, the USB dongle isn't supported by the iPhone (4S, iOS 5.0.1). Likely not Moog's doing—I'm hoping Apple will enable its functionality in a future release.

rando

Post by rando » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:47 am

I'm having no luck using the ensoniq vfx as a midi controller for the iphone4 animoog. Using the iRig midi, I am getting signal to the device, a red light flashes by MIDI IN.

Strange as it does work to midi control the nanosynth app...

Any suggestions?

portugaljazz

Post by portugaljazz » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:41 am

Yes M-Audio Axiom 61 working is also to me ok ...

Molarkey

Post by Molarkey » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:26 pm

I have an iPhone 4s, Midibridge, Animoog, and the Akai Synhsatation 25. Given all the info above for operating the Synthstation with Animoog via Midibridge, all of the device's functions work EXCEPT for the Pitch & Mod wheels (as well as the program up/down, but supposedly there's an exception to the rule with that, from what I've read). I have changed all settings to those listed & have only had any luck Pitch & Mod wheel-wise with another isynth, namely the SunrizerXS. Just wondered if it was something I was doing wrong. iPhone 4s running iOS 5.0.1

gplacidi

Post by gplacidi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:11 pm

I tried the Akai MPK25 via the usb hub and did not work. I thought it was the set up at first, but I connected it to my laptop and worked great.

The Korg Nanocontrol works fine.

I should try to power the Akai MPK25 via the external power supply and try again? Does the USB connection excludes the power supply?

Should I surrender and buy the midi mobilizer?

Ideas? Thoughts? Comments

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:54 pm

I have had the Arturia Analogue Experience Factory keyboard (powered by wall-wart as the iPad won't power it via usb) working via the camera connection kit , I haven't tried all the controllers (which can be edited for specific midi assigns, I just haven't had the time) but can confirm the pitch bend and mod wheels work with patches that have those mods active...

http://iosmidi.com/devices/ - this list documents known working keyboards, which need external power or a powered usb hub and those that will work powered by usb (not that many as the iPad and iPhone don't provide a great deal of power via usb hub)
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa