Moogerfooger pedals, analogue ?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
modulagirl

Moogerfooger pedals, analogue ?

Post by modulagirl » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:00 pm

Hi, please forgive me, but are the peadals all analogue ? and do they use IC's or discreet components ? I am on the verge of buying a Ring Modulator and a Murf, any info would be very welcom,

take care !

Sonia. :?

MC

Post by MC » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:55 pm

The pedals are all analogue. They are a combination of discrete and IC components.

modulagirl

Post by modulagirl » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:00 am

Hi, thanks for the reply, I new that they would be analogue, but just had to check ! I have a couple of ring mod devices already, one in a rack synth, and another in a cheap effects unit, hopefully the Moog will give me a fuller sound, and a deeper effect, I am in love with the John Cage type "Prepared Piano" effects you can get with them, thats all I use them for, and beautiful bell sounds.

Take care,

Sonia.

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:38 am

Sonia,
You may be my dream girl if it's all true.

1 Interested in analogue sounds
2 John Cage
3 British
4 Calls herself Modular Girl

Come meet me when I perform in Paris next month darling.

modulagirl

Post by modulagirl » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:43 pm

Hi DSS, thanks for the reply, however, this is not a dating site ! :) no offence meant. I am always surprised by the way guys react to a woman on sites like this, I have had to resigne from previous forums about music because of continuous agravation. Just so everyone knows exactly what the score is, I am going to be completely honest and get this out of the way, I am trans-gender, pre-op TV, remember Wendy Carlos, well, I am gpoing through what she did, so now you know, I hope to remain on this forum and make some new friends through my common interest in synthesisers and music, , my gender should not be an issue.

Take care, and give Paris my regards, my favourite city.

Sonia.

hichakhok

Post by hichakhok » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:12 pm

Hi modulagirl.

The prepared piano pieces by John Cage do not use a ring mod or any electronics. They piano is prepared by placing bolts screws and rubber in the strings. It is an acoustic process not electronic.

best

leonm

LWG

Post Subject

Post by LWG » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:41 pm

Sir_dss,

Paris is beautiful this time of year. Good luck! :twisted:

LWG

modulagirl

Prepared piano

Post by modulagirl » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:08 am

Hi Leonm, I meant that my sounds are "like" a prepared piano, I have a great recording on Decca from the 70's that is one of the best I have heard (Mr John Cage's Prepared Piano, pianist John Tilbury record number zal13577) I have always found the sound to be very calming, transporting. I have a few methods of creating that sound, using variouse ring modulators to process an electric piano, its the next best thing, I want to get an accoustic piano ASAP, but they take up so much room !

modulagirl

Post by modulagirl » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:22 am

Hi Dss, yeah, Paris is beautiful anytime ! I was there recently for my birthday, Eurostar is a God send, like a magic carpet. I was staying in Montmartre, I really did not want to come back to London ! I checked out a few music shops, found some interesting bits and pieces, but exspensive compared to London. I went to Notre Dame, and imagined Messiaen sitting there playing, what a magical place THAT is,

Take care,

Sonia.

sundaeclubber

Post by sundaeclubber » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:41 pm

Messiaen!

I've never fallen out of love with Trois Petits Liturgies with the Ondes Martenot!
Never got into his organ stuff.

HR
Sundae Club* http://www.s-club.co.uk
Moog-Filled Album "TECHNOSTALGIA"
from
http://www.cdbaby.com/sundaeclub
and in your local iTunes store

http://www.myspace.com/sundaeclub

Duke Foog

Post by Duke Foog » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:21 am

Messiaen is great. For organ music check out "celestial banquet" and orchestral of course "turangalila". I actually just finished my masters degree in music studying composition with a guy who studied with messiaen in Paris. his name is Steven Gellman, he is a very nice guy and a great composition teacher. check out his "universe symphony" is incredible