Hello all. Logic problem.

Everything Phatty.
TehSlavik

Hello all. Logic problem.

Post by TehSlavik » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:13 pm

Hello,

First time post.

I am having issues with my LP and Logic 9. I cannot seem to get any audio into Logic. I am running my line out with an instrument cable to the line in on my Audio Kontrol 1. As well as one from my MIDI out to the MIDI in on the AK1. And I also have the USB plugged into my Macbook Pro. After opening an Audio track and MIDI track as demonstrated on a YouTUbe video, either the volume I am getting through Logic is super quiet, and I am not getting anything at all.

I do have the audio send button on, as well I have all my gains/volume knobs jacked to the max.

Any help is appreciated as I would love to start making phat beats with my brand new LP.

Sorry if I have left anything out.

PHC

Post by PHC » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:11 am

Do you have Monitoring turned on? Software monitoring in the right-hand button group next to the status window (a loudspeaker sign) and then you have to click to monitor the track you want (a yellow "I") on the left of the "R" in track controls in Arrage window.

Does the sound record although you don't hear it when you click record and play something? Do you have the correct audio input for you audio interface selected in the inspector tab on the left just over the channel volume fader?

Do you have any way to monitor the sound via hardware (without logic turned on?) Does your interface have a Instrumental/Line input? What about Gain control for the input? (would explain low volume you get sometimes).

Those are just some suggestions that I though my help you. Feel free to ask if you still have the problem.

TehSlavik

Post by TehSlavik » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:56 am

Problem solved.

It turns out, in my attempts to figure out what the problem was, I plugged my LP into the "mic" input of the Audio Kontrol, adjusted the gains, and voila. I don't know why the input #2 (which is meant for guitars/keyboards and what have you) wouldn't work, however; I do have a post on the Native Instruments forum as to why that may be.

Maybe it is something to do with the synth being mono, the same as a mic? Who knows, but it works so I am happy.

Thanks. :D