Intermittent Glide = OFF setting

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Simon

Intermittent Glide = OFF setting

Post by Simon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi

My Voyager AE has developed an intermittent fault/bug. When the Glide switch is in the OFF setting, every few seconds it will automatically set Glide = OFF, without me touching anything, so the current patch displays that it has been changed (with **** marks on each side). This does not happen when the Glide switch in the ON setting.

I've done a number of upgrades recently - OS 3.0 Hardware, Aftertouch mod and v3.3 Software.

I don't know if this is a v3.3 bug, or if it is a faulty Glide switch. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Simon

RL

Post by RL » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:32 pm

I don't know if this is a v3.3 bug, or if it is a faulty Glide switch.
A software bug would be on all other Voyagers too - I guess there's a hardware problem on your Voyager.
Rudi

Simon

Post by Simon » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:41 pm

Yes you are right Rudi - I went back to v3.2 to rule the software out and the problem is still there.

I also tried swapping back to my old LHC module in case it was the switch or circuit board on the new unit that was causing the problem, but the problem is also still there.

I’m back to the new LHC and v3.3 software and making do at the moment. If I leave the switch in the Glide = ON postition it seems quite happy. The only other thing I could try is to put back in the old digital board and see if this cures the problem, but I want to avoid doing this if at all possible.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Regards
Simon

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:24 pm

This thing is driving me crazy!

It would appear that it only occurs when I have the VX-351 and CP-251 connected via the accessory port. The CP-251 is sharing power from the VX-351 in a rack-mount adaptor.

If I leave the voyager without the connection, everything is fine. With the VX-251 and CP-251 connected and the Glide switch in the OFF position, I start getting this erratic fault.

At one point today the Osc 1 frequency value kept setting itself to a particular value, but that appears to have gone away now...

Any suggestions or advice would be welcomed!

Regards
Simon

theglyph

Post by theglyph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:31 pm

You may want to see this.

http://moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4368

Sharing the power between the 351 and 251 could be causing the issue. Try using the 251's own power supply and see if this clears things up.

Mr. Incredible

Re: Intermittent Glide = OFF setting

Post by Mr. Incredible » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:01 am

Simon wrote:Hi

My Voyager AE has developed an intermittent fault/bug. When the Glide switch is in the OFF setting, every few seconds it will automatically set Glide = OFF, without me touching anything, so the current patch displays that it has been changed (with **** marks on each side). This does not happen when the Glide switch in the ON setting.
This is an affirmitive "me too", or rather "mine too".
Mine does the exact same thing, even if I step back from the device and don't touch anything.
Pretty annoying, but I guess I'll have to live with it :(
Only solution so far is to keep the glide switch in the ON setting.

BTW, I don't use any additional hardware like the 351 and 251 (whatever they may be).

Dom

Simon

Post by Simon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:02 pm

I spent last week-end trying to trouble shoot this problem and I too can now confirm that mine does it with nothing plugged into it. Looks like I'll just have to keep that glide switch in the ON position.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Simon