LP signiture edition new orders pulled on some retailers,fyi

Everything Phatty.
CTRLSHFT

LP signiture edition new orders pulled on some retailers,fyi

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:12 am

you might've noticed that LP signiture editions are no longer available on many online retailer websites suddenly (edit: I've found one that's still taking orders, although they may have a surplus: www.novamusik.com). I was informed by the place i was ordering from that moog has pulled the LP,but will definitely honor the remaining backordered LP's.

the website in particular here is www.americanmusical.com, although i'm sure after a while they'll probably start allowing people to order again, once backorders ship.

sorry for any confusion on this post earlier, mostly i just wanted to make people aware of why some sites may be removing the phatty from order availability.
Last edited by CTRLSHFT on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.ctrlshft.com

OysterRock

Re: LP signiture edition new orders haulted; stage on its wa

Post by OysterRock » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:05 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote: i still find it amazing that all 1200 have sold this quickly, well not completely, as it rocks..
I don't think this is true. I have yet to see someone announce they have an LP with a serial number higher than 200. As JSRockit suggested, this might just mean that they all have been sold to stores.

Anyone have a high serial number?

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:16 pm

I saw someone either on here or on vintagesynth .com that had ser no 245.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:46 pm

Yep--I have #245...
Thanks Bob!!

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:55 pm

OK, anyone higher than 300?

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:55 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:you might've noticed that LP signiture editions are no longer available on any online retailer websites suddenly (edit: I've found one that's still taking orders, although they may have a surplus: www.novamusik.com). I was informed by the place i was ordering from that moog has pulled the LP,but will definitely honor the remaining backordered LP's.

perhaps we will be seeing the stage edition sooner than we expected?

i still find it amazing that all 1200 have sold this quickly, well not completely, as it rocks.. but all the same, i almost suspect something else is up, as they would've announced the lp stage edition specs and images by now otherwise. hmmm.
Signature Editions? I assume you mean Tribute Editions...

Rather than deal in speculation about the LP from dealers (who may or may not really know what's going on), why not contact Moog and get the answer directly from them? I'm sure they will tell you that Tribute Edition LP's are still being built and shipped daily, and that process should continue until all 1200 units have been produced (barring any parts delays, assembly issues, natural disasters, etc.).

If approximately 300 LP's have been produced so far (just a guess based on the reported serial numbers so far), that means there are 900 more to go. That's a lot more LP's yet to come off the assembly line!

- G

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:04 pm

exactly. just because they are all "sold" doesnt mean they are all built.

:idea:
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:59 pm

GregAE wrote:
CTRLSHFT wrote:you might've noticed that LP signiture editions are no longer available on any online retailer websites suddenly (edit: I've found one that's still taking orders, although they may have a surplus: www.novamusik.com). I was informed by the place i was ordering from that moog has pulled the LP,but will definitely honor the remaining backordered LP's.

perhaps we will be seeing the stage edition sooner than we expected?

i still find it amazing that all 1200 have sold this quickly, well not completely, as it rocks.. but all the same, i almost suspect something else is up, as they would've announced the lp stage edition specs and images by now otherwise. hmmm.
Signature Editions? I assume you mean Tribute Editions...

Rather than deal in speculation about the LP from dealers (who may or may not really know what's going on), why not contact Moog and get the answer directly from them? I'm sure they will tell you that Tribute Edition LP's are still being built and shipped daily, and that process should continue until all 1200 units have been produced (barring any parts delays, assembly issues, natural disasters, etc.).

If approximately 300 LP's have been produced so far (just a guess based on the reported serial numbers so far), that means there are 900 more to go. That's a lot more LP's yet to come off the assembly line!

- G
yup, this is what i figured too, just thought i'd mention the odd little drop in availability.. i'm well aware of the serial number range. not trying to cause concern! the company i'm talking about specifically is www.americanmusical.com, for anyone who was considering purchasing from them. i edited the post to reflect my intentions after getting some sleep, heh.
www.ctrlshft.com

writeroxie

Post by writeroxie » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:58 am

i just got #1200!

i wish :(

Sigesmund Ninja

Post by Sigesmund Ninja » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:05 am

i want #666

paf3

Mine is still backordered

Post by paf3 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:28 pm

I have had my LP on order from Sweetwater for a couple of months, and my sales rep assures me that more are on the way. The are still listing them on their site, but have a disclaimer to deal with the production delays.

I've heard it said that true happiness comes from wanting what you already have. However, I would be MUCH happier if the LP was in my possession.

:P
I know what I like...and I like what I know - Peter Gabriel

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:01 pm

Wait until you get it. It is worth the wait.

Add some reverb, maybe some delay, and you are in analog nirvana.
Thanks Bob!!

CTRLSHFT

Re: Mine is still backordered

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:53 am

paf3 wrote:I have had my LP on order from Sweetwater for a couple of months, and my sales rep assures me that more are on the way. The are still listing them on their site, but have a disclaimer to deal with the production delays.

I've heard it said that true happiness comes from wanting what you already have. However, I would be MUCH happier if the LP was in my possession.

:P
i hear that. as someone who has a modest collection of foogers just dying to be even more modular, waiting for the LP to materialize is torturous! :)
www.ctrlshft.com