A way to create white type noise on the lp!!

Everything Phatty.
goldphinga

A way to create white type noise on the lp!!

Post by goldphinga » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:50 pm

As there is no dedicated noise source on the LP, i thought id do an experiment to see if there was a way round this with no external noise source.

Im happy to report that i managed to create noise very close to white noise on the lp using self oscillation of the filter in combination with the lfo being pushed into audio range.

Since ive made this sound i dont think its an issue (for me anyway)that there is no noise source as this gets round it well. The only problem is you cant blend it with an existing patch as it takes over the filter and lfo settings completely for the patch.For noise only patches or sfx its really usefull to know the LP is capable of this.

Heres the basic way to do it. Apologies of this is old news!

-turn the volume of both the oscillators off
-turn the filter resonance fully up
-set mod source to any wave shape you want
-set lfo rate to full
-set mod amount to full
-set destination to filter

push the mod wheel up and there you go.

Its not perfect but its very close.

Also add overload and tweak filter cutoff to taste.

Cheers

Dan G
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

cheveux.boucles

Post by cheveux.boucles » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:24 pm

yeah, i did that, and it sounds like white noise but i don't think you could sample it and pull random notes out...but it works nice for cymbal sounds....
Moog LP TE

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:30 pm

you can change pitch of the noise with the filter or using the keyboard
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.