hopefully dumb problem with solar voyager

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
seandrinkwater

hopefully dumb problem with solar voyager

Post by seandrinkwater » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:34 pm

hey guys...any help here would be great.

voyager midi lights responding to midi messages from sequencer/external controller, but it never actually activates any sound. i can lean over and play the unit and make sound, but the midi messages are not translating inside the unit. the channels are all set and, like i say, it is seeing events, but nothing.

is there something dumb in the menus i am missing? i perused but didn't see anything that looked relevant.

it would be just terrific to be able to use the midi functions of this guy...

thanks!

sean

seandrinkwater

additionally

Post by seandrinkwater » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:01 am

same poster....additionally....

i can control every parameter of the voyager via midi whilst playing its own keyboard, but absolutely no note-on.

filters, wheel controls, patch changes, everything can be done via another controller.

anyone have any idea at all what is going on?

cheers,
sean

GregAE

Re: additionally

Post by GregAE » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:28 am

seandrinkwater wrote:same poster....additionally....

i can control every parameter of the voyager via midi whilst playing its own keyboard, but absolutely no note-on.

filters, wheel controls, patch changes, everything can be done via another controller.

anyone have any idea at all what is going on?

cheers,
sean
In OS 3.2, check MASTER menu 2.2, 2.3 & 2.4 to make sure that the correct MIDI channels are selected, and MIDI IN & OUT are ON (they probably are, but check anyway).

Then check MASTER menu 4.2 and make sure that the MIDI Key Order Parameter is set to "is not active".

You might find the Voyager OS 3.2 Menu Reference helpful for current troubleshooting and future reference. This is a chart that lists all of the PANEL, EDIT and MASTER menu commands and selection options. You'll find it in the 'Voyager Essentials" folder (in the Files section) on the SquareWave site:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/

Greg

seandrinkwater

Post by seandrinkwater » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:42 pm

hey greg,

thanks for your suggestion, this *was* in fact the problem. heavy sigh....big relief!

amos from moog emailed me this soultion this morning as well so i feel very well taken care of by this community!

i swear i already tried this once but i probably dreamt it.

oh well.

thanks again so much for taking the time to help me with this, i really super appreciate it.

best,
sean drinkwater