Sell source now ive got LP?

Everything Phatty.
goldphinga

Sell source now ive got LP?

Post by goldphinga » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:13 pm

Does anyone else own both? Im wondering whether theres any point keeping the source now as the LP kind of makes it redundant.

Any thoughts?
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:51 am

Goldphinga, are you the first in the UK to get your LP? Did you order direct or through a shop? Just curious as I rang Sound Control last week and they said it would be another couple of weeks.

Can't advise on the Source issue, is the LP capable of reproducing the Source sounds accurately?

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:27 am

Please PM me if you want to know more........sorry if this seems weird!

thanks

PS the LP sounds every bit as good as the source but still has a slightly different character. Im able to nail all my favourite source presets with the LP, something im very happy about!

One of the main things about the LP is that you can emulate how the source overdrives its filter and mixer stages with the overload control on the LP set very low to bring in a little harmonic distortion. Its an incredible piece of kit. Im very priveliged to have one of the first over here.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

stevied

Post by stevied » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:42 am

I'm keeping my source for the sequencer, and its signed by Thomas Dolby...

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:29 pm

I will own both, when my LP finally arrives. I have been having the same thoughts--do I sell my Sourse once I get my LP? The Sourse is cool, but what I think is cool about it should be more than accomodated by the LP, except for the S&H, the sequencer, and the arppegiator. I can't really use any of those items in sync with my recording stuff though, so maybe it would make more sense to sell the Source and get a good MIDI sequencer.

I do love my Source, though, and I am anxious to play it and compare with the new LP.
Thanks Bob!!