about to release the stage?

Everything Phatty.
godzilla

about to release the stage?

Post by godzilla » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:12 am

just that they changed the tab on the product menu from analog to tribute

but then the've changed that a few times so who knows

i wished they'd just come out with the info on the stage, there must be so many people waiting on that release

i suppose they're just waiting to get the tribute off their chests first, but i think there would be a lot of potential buyers that might opt for something else because of the uncertainty

who knows

man from uranus

Post by man from uranus » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:18 am

For Sure

WHEN is the Stage going into production??

I will buy one immediately!!

The main reason Im holding out for the stage, besides a lower price is that hopefully it wont have BOB MOOG writ large on the front panel.
I'm not Bob Moog, and I dont want my audience to think that I AM. If it does have his signature I will either be forced to cover it up with a sticker or take a razor blade to it.

Alternatively the Dave Smith mono Evolver is looking better by the day, so Moog us a Stage.

Ted3000

Post by Ted3000 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:02 pm

I suppose I'd prefer a standard Moog logo, maybe in an updated color scheme? (I've decided that the non-tribute will be the last abuse of my credit card. Just lemme at it, Moog!)

The signature on the tribute is a nice honorific, but a bit huge. I'm not in the cult of Bob. He was a honest to goodness genius, and the way he spoke about his products and music was fascinating...

...but imagine a Ford F-150 with a reproduction "Henry Ford" signature that stretched across the entire bumper. I know, not a perfect analogy, but you get it.

Bob autographed gear all the time, but I doubt he'd ever design a synth with his own handwriting laser-engraved, 20x original size on the back panel.
soundcloud.com/astrospy

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:38 pm

Ted3000 wrote:...but imagine a Ford F-150 with a reproduction "Henry Ford" signature that stretched across the entire bumper.
Actually, in high school I drove a '57 Ford pickup--it was fixed up really nice and EVERYBODY loved it. That pickup had "FORD" written in a handwritten script across the tailgate, about 24 to 30 inches long. I always figured that the old Ford logo was meant to look like Henry's autograph.

But I get your point.....I would bet that Bob would be a bit embarrassed by having his signature running almost the full length of the back of the LP.
Thanks Bob!!