Tuning the Phatty

Everything Phatty.
goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:01 am

i reckon you source needs looking at then. mine takes 10 mins max to hit pitch and then it stays there rock solid.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

carbon111

Post by carbon111 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:04 am

goldphinga wrote:i wish people would stop slagging the LP until theyve spent some proper time with one. its like people are wanting to rip this synth to shreds deliberately.
WTF? I'm not slagging anything, in fact I'm a big fan:
http://www.carbon111.com/moog_lp.html

But the issues so far discussed have not been limited to one machine or one person. If it were just a single issue on a single machine. I wouldn't be so concerned.

Some of the issues have necessitated a repair back at the Moog facility. Its mere prudence that councels my caution. Ashville is a long way from my house ;)
Best Regards, James
--
http://www.carbon111.com

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:11 pm

Some of the issues have necessitated a repair back at the Moog facility. Its mere prudence that councels my caution. Ashville is a long way from my house
My sentiments exactly. I'm in the UK and I held off placing an order for an LP here, because I feared a repeat of the minor hardware issues experienced with the first 600 Voyagers (Sig. Ed's). They had a prototype pitch bend assembly which was far from perfect and various other hardware issues from memory.

Moog support over here is virtually non-existant with Sound Control just finding their feet and Turnkey not knowing their arse from their elbow.
The logistics of getting any hardware upgrades don't bear thinking about, so I think people are perfectly entitled to express their dismay.
I love Moog, the products and the support, but they've had long enough to get the thing right before it went out of the door.

pureoldsound

Post by pureoldsound » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:07 pm

goldphinga wrote:i wish people would stop slagging the LP until theyve spent some proper time with one. its like people are wanting to rip this synth to shreds deliberately.

peas

DG
No one is bashing the LP. There are numerous people that are having issues with their LP. Is this a surprise, NO. I think everyone that owns an analog synth at one time or another knows that there will be issues with new products…That’s why we see so much revisions. It will get resolve and it will perform flawlessly.

For me though, after having owned, Jup 6, Pro-One, OB-Xa, Yamaha CS-60, I want something without any issues what so ever. Just want to take it out of the box plug it in and play. No warming up nonsense, no buzz, lights blinking, etc……That is the whole purpose of getting something new. If I want to start sending things back to a tech then I’ll get something vintage and start worrying on repairs.

The LP will be issue free I have no doubt. However, as people keep receiving them there might be more issues and Moog will deal with it as they come along. Once all these minor flaws have been taken care of, I WILL GET ONE. In the meantime I rather wait…..

carbon111

Post by carbon111 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:01 pm

pureoldsound wrote:The LP will be issue free I have no doubt. However, as people keep receiving them there might be more issues and Moog will deal with it as they come along. Once all these minor flaws have been taken care of, I WILL GET ONE. In the meantime I rather wait…..
I totally agree. I'm sure these minor issues will be dealt with forthright. Once they are, I'm in.
Best Regards, James
--
http://www.carbon111.com