Final Analysis....

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
fwroberts

Re: Final Analysis....

Post by fwroberts » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:27 pm

@macteacher: how are you liking your Moog One? I just acquired one from Sweetwater a week ago, and now I’m lost in it and loving it.

Regarding presets, when you register your instrument, if you login and go to your account, you’ll see six sets of presets that you can download. I’m just starting to go through them now, and there is a lot to learn from them.

Rick

hmsurf

Re: Final Analysis....

Post by hmsurf » Tue May 28, 2024 7:56 am

i got mine not long ago. im not the biggest hardware guy, but i do have a few different synths in my studio, mostly rack units, like the 90s roland romplers n stuff like that. anyway, while waiting for my moog one to arrive i ended up buying a ob-6 just to scratch my itch. alot of people were praising the keyboard and ease of use and all that. i do agree with some of it, but i wasnt really loving it, and after a few weeks i didnt use it much at all. at that point i was starting to think i might not get the moog one hype eiter. and i have heard alot more bad stuff about the moog one than the ob-6 tbh. however, the moog one came and it blew my mind. the keys are so smooth, the knobs are just prefect. some of the click buttons may be more satisfying on the ob-6, but more noisy.
They sounds coming from the moog one was just so damn lush and smooth, never really experienced this feeling in a synth before. one of my arguments for paying stupid amounts of money on this synth was that it might be able to just fill my GAS hole, cus its hard to top this one. and it kinda did.

i dont really wanna say anything bad against the ob-6, though. i think that i was trying to use it as a moog, and it just simply isnt. its different and does different sounds. i guess the point i was tryna make was that the moog one might be a good choise for u if it s what ur looking for. for me its alot about the ladder filter.
If u compare it to something like the ob-x8 its really a beast almost within the same price range. the ob got 2 oscs, i believe, while the moog got 9. i believe the moog also got twice as many polyphonic voices.