Moog Liberation

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
MikeD

Moog Liberation

Post by MikeD » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:19 pm

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a Moog Liberation, but I had a question. Can the "neck" be taken off of the synth and play the synth on a stand like any other keyboard? I don't really have any desire to play it like a guitar, but good analog synthesizers are nonexistant where I live and I would very much like to have one.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:12 pm

The neck is fixed to the body. Undoing it would need some modifications and a chain saw ;)
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:21 pm

You could stiil use the Liberation on a stand. The neck is about half the length of the body of the instrument, and would extend off to the left of the stand. You might be able to use the performance controls on the neck with your left hand, but approached from the front. In practice, it would be like doing the same thing with a guitar.

If the Liberation is in good condition and the price is reasonable, you might want to pick it up. In time, you might actually like the idea of wearing it instead of playing it from a stand.

Greg