Taurus 3 and Pedalman Software

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Baker69

Taurus 3 and Pedalman Software

Post by Baker69 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:48 am

Has anyone had any experience using Pedalman Software?

I've downloaded the trial version but because I'm an absolute novice on midi I ran out of time and was unable to evaluate the software as I was still trying to figure out how to set up the midi connection on my T3! You only get a very short trial time with the software.

Can someone please help, possibly by telling me what the midi settings on the T3 should be? I have another (30 minute) opportunity to evaluate the programme but I think I'm going to use up all of this time in trying to figure out the right midi settings on the T3 (and the Pedalman software).

The midi cable I'm using has in and out DIN sockets to the T3 which go into a single USB which is plugged into my laptop.

I hope someone may have used the software I refer to and can give me the exact settings I need.

Baker69

Re: Taurus 3 and Pedalman Software

Post by Baker69 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:05 pm

Has anyone not seen the You Tube Video demo for the Pedalman Software?

Basically you connect your Pedals (or any midi controller) to whatever the Software is installed on, whether it be a Laptop, Netbook or PC, and you can play string chords for backing or whatever.

Would love to experiment with this but I need some guidance in setting the midi connection up between the software and my T3? I was hoping someone on here might have already tried Pedalman out but it doesn't seem so yet.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:49 am

I'll definitely check this out. But quick advice is to skip the DIN midi unless you have some old school equipment, and just use a single USB cable to connect the Taurus III to your laptop.

... that is, if the Pedalman software is worth it's salt and addresses the interface properly.

Depending on what else is running on your Mac or PC, it may be tricky diagnosing problems when things don't work but if you can keep it simple with JUST the app and just the cable to your Taurus, you will limit the variables.

I'll get back to you shortly. Meanwhile, what type of PC/Mac do you have and what operating system?
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Baker69

Post by Baker69 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I'm very new to midi and assumed I would need din midi cables so I bought a set of din to USB cables which has some sort of hub inline. No reason why they shouldn't work, but I'll give the other cable a try as you suggest.

I've installed the Pedalman software on my Netbook which is a HP mini 110, running on Windows 7.

It would be good if you could check the software and set up for me, the Pedalman has a trial download but you don't get a great amount of time to evaluate it before it times out. As I say, have a quick look first at the video on You Tube so you can see what it does.

Cheers.