Moogerfooger Sequencer :::wish:::

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Radio Lab

Moogerfooger Sequencer :::wish:::

Post by Radio Lab » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:13 am

Wouldn't it be the koolest if Moog came out with a Moogerfooger Sequencer...anybody out there think this is a possibility ?? IMHO, with all of the expansion toys and MF boxes (and I have them all, SD notwithstanding :twisted: ) connected to the Voyager, a sequencer would be a must-have and a sure shot hot seller...MF-106 anyone?!!!

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:13 pm

What would you do with your Moog sequencer?

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:36 pm

I think Moog is more about making creative and interesting semi-modular effects and synths than full-on modular gear. All of the Moogerfoogers and Voyagers have a unique sound and character. A sequencer is just a sequencer any way you slice it. Even if you slap the Moog name on it, there is not much to it, its not very unique and creative. I would much rather want Moog to put their energy into something new and interesting (e.g. the MuRF) than just a sequencer. There are many CV sequencers out there like the Frostwave one or the Moog-like sequencer from synthesizers.com.

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:55 am

That's what I'm sayin'.

I agree oyster.

Get the Blacet Binary Zone and be done with the idea of a sequencer.

P.S. the MuRF is not a new idea. Some other company was making one of these in the 70's. I saw the original add posted in analog heaven or some other forum. I will say it seems like Moogmusic did refine it.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:05 am

sir_dss wrote: P.S. the MuRF is not a new idea. Some other company was making one of these in the 70's...
Just like the MuRF, or similar to the MuRF? Do you remeber what it was called?

northern hope

Post by northern hope » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:08 pm

I disagree. Using that mentality, there's no reason why Moog should've ever made something as 'mundane' as a Ring Modulator or Phaser. A Mooger sequencer would be something to fit in next to the other products in the line and would be as useful an addition as anything else, depending on who the user is. I would personally use it for everything, but that's because analogue sequencing is at the heart of what I do.

Speaking from a marketing standpoint, it would be an easy piece to produce, and most Moog fans would end up buying one to go with their existing Mooger setups.

Radio Lab

Post by Radio Lab » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:00 pm

sir_dss wrote:What would you do with your Moog sequencer?
Its fully understood that there are plenty of sequencers out there that will do the job that I’ve already been doing for some time (with the help of a little computer program called Reason, albeit digital, it is huge, chock full of samplers, synthesizers sequencers, Moog Plugins and much more) However, the point is that in keeping with an analog system especially a system in which I’ve had the pleasure of using for many years, a Moog Sequencer would be the icing on my analog cake as it were. …and what would I be doing with a Moog Sequencer you ask, well naturally…laying down Moog quality analog backing tracks, counter melodies and the like while playing an LP Custom all the while. 8)

kb

Post by kb » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:29 pm

Doepfer makes nice sequencers and they also make MIDI interfaces. There's the Frostwave - with MIDI in/out. There's the synth.com, etc. There's just already too many out there to worry about Moog doing it too.

There was not many - if any - voltage controlled delays in the market, thus the Z/SD.

(It would have been nice if Moog had put a tap tempo LFO or envelope output on the Murf. I'm working on various solutions to that problem....)

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:36 pm

Ok if Moog does a Sequencer

IT MUST HAVE A BACKLIT PANNEL LIKE THE ELECTRIC BLUE VOYAGER!

OK!

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:04 pm

northern hope wrote:Using that mentality, there's no reason why Moog should've ever made something as 'mundane' as a Ring Modulator or Phaser...
You misunderstand. The Mofos themselves are unique in their sound quality, features and CV capabilities. The actual effect may be a common effect, but the Moog take on it is awesome and unique. There is not much room for improvment with an analog sequencer, a sequencer is a sequencer is a sequncer. I personally would much rather have Moog put their energy towards an interesting new way to control CV gear or some new effect. It is obvious that Bob Moog was very much about finding new and unique ways of expression for musician (i.e. the touch pad on the Voyager, the ribbon on the Multi/Micro, the XY thing on the Crumar Spirit). This is just my opinion, of course :)

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:39 pm

I think there is a market for a Moog sequencer. Maybe an extra addition to help sell it would be something like the Wiard JAG that I posted a couple of days ago to MC. I think the MF-106 should be a Vocoder similar to the PAiA vocoder except with CV. People like to have complete setups of the same brand so there are many old school and new school products Moog could release to satisfy everyone.

kb

Post by kb » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:40 pm

I'll bet that the next thing that comes out is something in the realm of the cp251, only the purpose would be for sycronization - maybe for those of us who do not own keyboards and MIDI equipment.

Indeed

Post by Indeed » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:22 am

i actually never cared for the Ring Mod effect til I tried the Moogerfooger, so I can't agree with the fella above...Its one of my favorite pedals now...
Moog is dope, whatever they do is gonna be way ill...just keep turnin those knobs...

:idea:
MPC3000, MF-101, 102, 103, 104Z, 105M, 108m, 107, CP-251, MINI MODEL D, OB-8, ALESIS A6, ARP ODYSSEY MK1, RHODES MK1

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:56 am

Musashidan wrote:i actually never cared for the Ring Mod effect til I tried the Moogerfooger, so I can't agree with the fella above...Its one of my favorite pedals now...
:idea:
:?: Who said anything about the Ring Mod? The Ring Mod is sweet, it was my first MF!