Kenton ProSolo Midi to CV and MoogeFoogers

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Dannymon

Kenton ProSolo Midi to CV and MoogeFoogers

Post by Dannymon » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:49 pm

I have no Analog synths but I have 4 Mooger pedals and will be getting the CP251. soon. Now, my question, do you guys think is worh getting the Kenton Pro Solo to control the Moogers?. I would like to be able to automate the MF104's Feedback knob with a midi CC, the MF102 Freq. with a different midi CC and at the same time being able to send a midi synced LFO to control the cutoff in the MF101. Would you know if this is possible with the ProSolo, or should I get something different?

I also was looking at this http://www.encoreelectronics.com/cont_expres.html, but its a lot of money..($599) and I just had to break the piggie bank to buy the MF104z

Also, Is there any way to use a gate signal with the Moogerfoogers? Pardon my ignorance...

Thanks for your comments.

Regards, Daniel Trejo

Deathbycalculator

Post by Deathbycalculator » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:24 pm

Kenton is a good company to use with any analog synth/modular stuff. I did own a pro solo and it is a great box to use with cv type synths. I used it on my korg MS-10 and I eventully got more synths , pearl Sy-1, MF-104SD and I plan on getting a Modular synth some day. So I sold my Pro Solo and got a Kenton Pro 2000 which will take care of all my CV needs. The Gate on the pro solo or any model will not be as useful as the AUX outs or CV outs for your situation. The only thing the gate would be good for is triggering the envelope on the MF-101 filter, but you can do that with anything audio or CV. And the Pro 2000 has two CV outs and 6 AUX outs and and two built in lfo's and a sync analog out for analog type sequencers and two gates also a din sync out for a TR-808 606 type DRum machine so you would be set. It is a really good bang for the buck. I love mine.

Dannymon

Post by Dannymon » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:03 am

Deathbycalculator Thanks for your answer, I think the Pro2000 is the way to go....Also, do you know if its possible to set each LFO with a different resolution? I.E, one LFO to 1/16th and the other LFO to 1/8th.

Thanks.

Deathbycalculator

Post by Deathbycalculator » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:33 pm

Yes, two LFO's with different rates and waveforms.